ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any NCS accepts ONLINE passport applications along with AN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaymandalia

Any NCS accepts ONLINE passport applications along with AN1

Post by jaymandalia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi All,
I am in process of submitting my application for British citizenship (Naturalisation – AN1), I wanted to submit my passport application along with AN1 form at NCS service in London; However, I was not aware that online
passport applications are not acceptable if they are submitted with AN1 form.

The NCS website doesn’t clearly state that ONLINE passport applications are not acceptable, hence the error.

I'm assuming that this is common rule across all NCS ? and not a specific location? Is that correct?

Cheers,
J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Any NCS accepts ONLINE passport applications along with

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:18 pm

You cannot use the online passport application for ANY of the NCS. It must be the paper form from the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:19 pm

The JCAP service requires you to submit the passport application and the AN1 application forms together at the NCS appointment.

If you submit your passport application online you will have to attend an interview before the passport can be issued.

Edit: Beaten by CR001
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jaymandalia

Post by jaymandalia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks for the response; i'm not sure if council websites list this specific exception, so its not difficult for someone to assume that online application will be fine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:57 pm

jaymandalia wrote:Thanks for the response; i'm not sure if council websites list this specific exception, so its not difficult for someone to assume that online application will be fine.
You cannot use the online form in the same way you cannot use PO Check and Send if you use the online form. For JCAP scheme, you need the paper form and the completed payment slip for the passport application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.