ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Rules for BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinny

Re: Child Rules for BC application

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:07 pm

aa927 wrote:Still not clear on what I'm supposed to do when the valid until date is reached on the BRP card?
Unless the holder applies for new employment or has a new landlord, I don't think anything needs to be done.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aa927

Post by aa927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:23 pm

vinny wrote:
aa927 wrote:Still not clear on what I'm supposed to do when the valid until date is reached on the BRP card?
Unless the holder applies for new employment or has a new landlord, I don't think anything needs to be done.
It's for children. Would they be allowed to travel in and out of the country with a BRP card that's valid too date has passed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:00 pm

aa927 wrote:
vinny wrote:
It's for children. Would they be allowed to travel in and out of the country with a BRP card that's valid too date has passed?
How would they prove to the airline that they have the right to re-enter the UK with an expired BRP card??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:20 pm

I assume it's similar to that of an expired passport with an expired activated ILE?
Transfer your visa to a new passport wrote:You don’t have to transfer your visa - you can carry both your old and new passports when travelling to or from the UK instead.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

nat17
Newly Registered

Re: Child Rules for BC application....please EXPERTS

Post by nat17 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:31 am

Hi
I have ILR and recently applied for my naturalisation. I have son born Back home Pakistan in may 2010. That time I was holding tier 1 general visa. Later my wife and son came to uk in October 2014 as my tier 1 general dependent. After they came here I got my ILR on 10yrs basis in November 2014. Then I got change their visa while both my son and wife was in uk according to my new visa status i.e ILR. Currently my son and wife are my ILR dependent. Their visa extension is in coming November. They have been living in uk with me since October 2014 i. e almost 2.5 years.
My question is actually about my son who born in pak
Question: Is it possible that I apply for my son registration through MN1 and British passport?????Is he eligible for that?....

I'll really appreciate the reply.

Regards
Nat

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:09 am

They expect child and parents to have ILR and at least one parent to naturalise.

nat17
Newly Registered

Post by nat17 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 am

vinny wrote:They expect child and parents to have ILR and at least one parent to naturalise.
Hi
Vinny thanks for your reply, really appreciate.
I just want to know according to your answer of my question

Does that mean after I ll get my naturalisation I can apply British registration mn1 and then British passport for my son?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:05 am

nat17 wrote:
vinny wrote:They expect child and parents to have ILR and at least one parent to naturalise.
Hi
Vinny thanks for your reply, really appreciate.

Does that mean after I ll get my naturalisation I can apply British registration mn1 and then British passport for my son?
Yes IF the child holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am

nat17 wrote:
Hi Vinny thanks for your reply, really appreciate.
Yes, provided both parents and the child hold ILR.

Children born outside the UK usually have the same UK immigration status as that of the less-privileged parent. So, the child will only be eligible for ILR with the second parent.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

nat17
Newly Registered

Post by nat17 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:18 pm

secret.simon wrote:
nat17 wrote:
Hi Vinny thanks for your reply, really appreciate.
Yes, provided both parents and the child hold ILR.

Children born outside the UK usually have the same UK immigration status as that of the less-privileged parent. So, the child will only be eligible for ILR with the second parent.
Hi secret Simon
As you said "the child will only be eligible for ILR with the second parent"
Well I am expecting the approval of naturalisation in two months time. So my wife will not have ILR till 2019.

It means there will be no way I can get British citizenship for my son born abroad?

Really appreciate your reply

Regards

aa927

Post by aa927 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:59 pm

Does a parent have to apply at the same time as a child under section 3(1)? We currently have ILR and are planning on submitting our AN applications later in the month but wanted to do the children ahead of ours. Is that ok or do we have to submit the child applications at the same time as ours?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:27 pm

aa927 wrote:Does a parent have to apply at the same time as a child under section 3(1)? We currently have ILR and are planning on submitting our AN applications later in the month but wanted to do the children ahead of ours. Is that ok or do we have to submit the child applications at the same time as ours?

Thanks
The child will only qualify if applying at the same time as either or both parents or after the parents are approved. You cannot apply under Section 3(1) for a child if you don't apply at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa927

Post by aa927 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi there all knowledgeable people :-)

I went today to submit the passport application for my newborn (born in the UK) at the check and send service at the post office. Both parents have had ILR since 2012. The woman helping me said that I need to submit tax records since both parents were not British. I thought all I had to bring was parent's passports and biometric cards and the child's birth certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:40 pm

No you don't. She is talking nonsense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa927

Post by aa927 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Seriously??! What can i do? She wouldn't process the application and sent me home! Is there a list of required documents online or something that I can take with me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:50 pm

british-citizenship/citizenship-faqs-co ... l#p1343774

It is also listed very clearly in the booklet that comes with the passport. Proof of ILR and Birth cert.

You don't have to use check and send. You can post it yourself and apply for a 1 week fast track passport too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa927

Post by aa927 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:05 pm

I just can't believe that they could be that mistaken!! How could she be doing a check and send service and have no idea what she's talking about?!

Anyway, so if I want to send it off myself can i still get return by special delivery? Does it take longer if you don't use check and send?

Also, do I have to submit both parent's passports and ilr cards or is it enough to send the mother's?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:11 pm

aa927 wrote:I went today to submit the passport application for my newborn (born in the UK) at the check and send service at the post office. Both parents have had ILR since 2012. The woman helping me said that I need to submit tax records since both parents were not British. I thought all I had to bring was parent's passports and biometric cards and the child's birth certificate?
aa927 wrote:Also, do I have to submit both parent's passports and ilr cards or is it enough to send the mother's?
Mother's documents should suffice.
1 wrote:(1)A person born in the United Kingdom after commencement [F1, or in a qualifying territory on or after the appointed day,] shall be a British citizen if at the time of the birth his father or mother is—

(a)a British citizen; or

(b)settled in the United Kingdom [F2or that territory].

aa927

Post by aa927 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 pm

In the thread on MN1 processing times, how do people look that up? I've submitted an application and want to know how i can track it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:16 am

aa927 wrote:In the thread on MN1 processing times, how do people look that up? I've submitted an application and want to know how i can track it.
What do you mean 'track it'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa927

Post by aa927 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 am

I just mean where are people getting the info they are posting on that thread, like when the application is received by the home office and stuff. How can you tell?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:31 am

aa927 wrote:I just mean where are people getting the info they are posting on that thread, like when the application is received by the home office and stuff. How can you tell?
Depends how they applied. If they posted special delivery, they track it through Royal Mail, same with applying through NCS as they should get a tracking number.

There is no online portal where you can check for updates if that is what you are asking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa927

Post by aa927 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:10 am

Hi,

My husband has made an appointment for NCS for himself (AN) and two of our children (MN1). I'm going to postpone my application until we hear back the results for my husband and kids. Do I have to be present at the appointment as the mother of the children?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 pm

No you do not have to be present but you must sign consent on the MN1 forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa927

Post by aa927 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Is it a mistake, do you think, to apply for them with my husband? Will they reject them even if they grant my husband citizenship because I will still have ILR?