ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help !!!!!!!!! Refused naturalisation Applicantion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shaq80
Newly Registered

Please Help !!!!!!!!! Refused naturalisation Applicantion

Post by Shaq80 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Every one,
I am a very quite member on this portal but I never knew that one day I will be writing here to seek advice for my visa issue,well long story short My naturalisation application has been refused by home office due to unsatisfactory character test.I arrived in this country in 2005 on a student visa and completed my 10 years legally and got ILR in 2015.
In 2014 on my return to Uk I got detained at the airport for 10 hours and the immigration officer start questioning me about my time in the uk for the last 9 years they were asking me some stupid questions like where And what have you study so far and where have you been working all these time .i gave them all the answer than they started calling me a liar and told me that we do t agree with you because you can't work part time and pay your fee while you are working part time.i said it's true that what ever I have told you . Then this lady threatened me that I will check your details with Hmrc. Just to get her off from my back I said yes I have worked full time but may be for 2 weeks during my term time she said ok . This lady came after 1 hour and told me you are very lucky that I m letting u go so next time be prepared.
After that incident I applied for ILR and home office granted me the PR.Now only when I applied for naturalisation HO refused my application because I admit on arrival in 2014 that I am working full time during my term time and I can't apply for naturalisation until 2024.I have travelled twice on my ILR and they did not ask me any questions on arrival.
Now that I have been refused for naturalisation this time if I'm travelling and when I come back to uk will they stop me at the airport and revok my ILR????
THERE IS A POINT TO BE NOTED,IF HOMEOFFICE THINKS THAT IT IS A BIG CRIME THEY WOULD HAVE SEND ME BACK IN 2014 but they still gave me ILR and now wants me to wait another 7 years to apply for naturalisation.i think it's very Harsh :(

Casa

Re: Please Help !!!!!!!!! Refused naturalisation Applicantio

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:53 am

Your ILR won't be revoked, but you've found yourself falling short of far stringent character tests for BC than you were required to meet for ILR. Different rules.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Shaq80
Newly Registered

Post by Shaq80 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Casa,
Thanks for the reply that's really helpful.which means I have to stay in this country for the next 7 years but I have been offered a job in Middle East and it looks like now I can't take that offer other wise my time towards naturalisation will be falling short in 2024.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:31 pm

One of the requirement for ILR, is that the person should not have resided in the UK in breach of Immigration rules.

If a person admitted to having worked beyond their permitted hours on their student visa, that is a breach of their terms, and it could result in curtailment of ILR.

I am not trying to scare OP, but it cannot be said, that the power does not exist for revocation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Shaq80
Newly Registered

Post by Shaq80 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:12 pm

So now on which bases home office can revoke my ILR ???

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Did you say yes to question D6

If you did, and you were issued with ILR, then this ILR may be revoked, as the requirement of 276B(v) was not met when you applied.

I really don't wish you harm, and i really do hope that all goes well for you from the bottom of my heart.

However i just feel that it is best to clarify the position of this thread, so as to ensure you are aware of the law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 pm

They may revoke an ILR under limited circumstances, eg deception.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Sorry to hear for your refusal. Will you be kind enough to please share that when did you apply for natralisation? And when did you receive the decesion. Thank you

Shaq80
Newly Registered

Post by Shaq80 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi guys !!
Thanks for the reply I think we are missing a point here my question is that how HO will revoke the ILR??? Is it the time I am coming back to the country from holidays or when I will apply for naturalisation???