ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEXT STEPS AFTER LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN ENDS??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shawn123
Newly Registered

NEXT STEPS AFTER LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN ENDS??

Post by shawn123 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello,
I have been in the country since 2002. I was granted discretionary leave to remain in 2011 for 3 years then again in 2014. Before this my mother would sort all the legal stuff out with a lawyer. So i am clueless as to what i now need to do next. i am aware that i need to sit the life in UK test. I would like to know what i do after the test and what form i need to fill in.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NEXT STEPS AFTER LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN ENDS??

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:39 pm

If you have held DLR for 6 years, you can apply for ILR.

On what basis were you granted ILR?

What is your immigration history since 2002?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: NEXT STEPS AFTER LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN ENDS??

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Apply to settle in the UK no sooner than 28 days prior to sixth anniversary on Discretionary Leave and before leave expires.

You don't need KoLL.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.