ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA dependent ink stamp

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lesaimon
Newly Registered

EEA dependent ink stamp

Post by Lesaimon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 pm

My wife, non EEA national, and I live in the UK. Her family permit expired 3 weeks before Christmas and we entered the UK with the Eurostar from Paris when coming back from our Christmas holiday in France. We had prepared loads of supporting documents but none were asked at the border and after a 5-min wait she got an EEA dependent ink stamp in her passport, valid for 6 months. As soon as we came back she applied for a residence card. We now have received the CoA.

I am not sure what the ink stamp allows... Is it a one of to enter the UK or can it be used like a FP to get in and out multiple times? Will the CoA be of any help at all?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA dependent ink stamp

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:06 pm

What exactly does the ink stamp say??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Does it say something like this?

Without an EEA family permit nor residence card, entry is possible under 11(4).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lesaimon
Newly Registered

Post by Lesaimon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Vinny,

Passport is still with Home Office but I'm pretty sure it is like the picture you've showed yes.

Lesaimon
Newly Registered

Post by Lesaimon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi all,

Can you confirm whether having that stamp will ease going through the border? Or do we need to potentially go through the pain of having to prove our status every time?

Also, will airlines see that as a valid visa equivalent?

If everything goes well, my wife's residence card should be delivered in July but I am trying to assess if we are basically obliged to go through the Eurostar route to come back to the UK for the next 5 months or if that stamp gives us some sort of alternative.

Thanks

Lesaimon
Newly Registered

Post by Lesaimon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Good afternoon,

Anybody with answers to the above questions?

Many thanks in advance

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:33 pm

The stamp is the equivalent of a Family Permit, which, as I understand it, is valid for one entry into the UK.

After being in the UK, I believe that the non-EEA citizen is expected to apply for a Residence Card, which is recognised for entry into all EEA countries, provided the non-EEA spouse is accompanied by or joining the EEA citizen in an EEA member-state.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Lesaimon
Newly Registered

Post by Lesaimon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi Sercret.Simon,
Thanks for your reply.

Family permit allows multi-entry to the UK.
But as for the EEA dependent ink stamp, no idea. If you say it is equivalent to a FP though, it should but the HO does not give much information about what that stamp allows.

Any idea how the airlines see that stamp too?

thommot
Newly Registered

Post by thommot » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:35 am

I would also be interested in knowing how airlines see the stamp. In principle my wife already has the EEA2 residency card—got the acceptance letter last week—but she left the country today, I'm following on Friday, and the total rubbish DX Delivery that Home Office uses to deliver the cards themselves does not bother ringing the apartment intercom. So we're unlikely to ever physically receive the residence card. So she need to try to board a flight with the ink stamp.

Lesaimon
Newly Registered

Post by Lesaimon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Just an update on this: we traveled and entered the UK several times through the Eurostar route and everytime, the immigration officer considered the EEA Dependent ink stamp as a multi-entry visa. No other documents asked.

Thommot, any success to board with the ink stamp?

Geraldi
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Geraldi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 am

Hi guys. I just got dependent ink stamp in Calais (Eurotunnel) going with bus. Firstly we both got detained. They kept telling us there are more chanses to get refused. Repeating that on and on. Im an Albanian citizen and they didnt like when i asked for addmision telling me to back off and apply for FP and do it by rules.
After 2 hours interview they tried hard to put pressure on my wife (Eu citizen) but they had no other way but to stamp it. It wasnt a pleasent experience Tbh but it was worthed at the end.
I really dont advise to ask for it at the border but if u cant really wait for FP good luck :D