ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension on PBS Dependant or switch to FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PravPrabhu
Newly Registered

Visa extension on PBS Dependant or switch to FLR (M)

Post by PravPrabhu » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello,

I am on ILR since 2014 and my wife is currently on PBS Dependant (Tier 1 General) since 2012 and my daughter joined us in 2015 in PBS Dependant category too.

I was away with my wife in 2014 for a year when my daughter was born and returned in January 2016. I believe my wife's 5 year route to ILR has been reset in Jan2016. Please confirm. If the answer is yes, I need to extend my dependants beyond April 2017 and now I am wondering if I need to switch to FLR(M) and have to obviously wait for next 5 years on either PBS route or FLR (M). Can you please help if I can switch my dependants Visa on FLR(M)

Thank you

Regards
Prav

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa extension on PBS Dependant or switch to FLR (M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:16 pm

On what basis did you get ILR, 5 years PBS route?

Yes, the absence limits changed recently for PBS Dependents and an absence of more than 180 days will break continuity of residence.

Your choice on which route you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PravPrabhu
Newly Registered

Post by PravPrabhu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Thanks CR001
I got my ILR route on Tier 1 general. I have got my dependants currently on PBS depedant for 1 year ( after the date reset)

Extension is due in April and wondering if I could switch to PBS as I have to extend 2 times anyways.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 pm

Is your wife able to break up the absences into less than 180 days per consecutive years?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.