ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh and Claiming benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MARSWATCH
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh and Claiming benefits

Post by MARSWATCH » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Arrived in Uk 3 months ago under Surrinder Singh rules after working in Euopean country for one year.. About to apply for Job Seekers allowance, as previously was told to wait for 3 months. Can anyone tell me if I can apply for my my non EU wife or should I just apply for myself. I am not sure if I am entitled to claim for her or not. I want to get JSA and then apply for the residence card for my wife as a jobseeker I will hopefully qualify under free movement rules, of course better if I can get a job.

Steve

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Re: Surinder Singh and Claiming benefits

Post by JAMAA » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi Steve
As you are British Citizen you can apply for JSA after 3 months. Your wife can apply for JSA (Joint claim) when she got Residence Card.

as new law on 25.11.2016 British Citizen come Back from another EEA country must be Qualified Person (working) in The UK if you want to apply for RC for your wife. best thing to do find a job after that apply for RC for your wife.

I have similar situation, my wife got RC last year on SS case.

MARSWATCH
Newly Registered

Post by MARSWATCH » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:58 pm

What is this new law of 25th november 2016? I actually came back to the UK before this date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:19 pm

JAMAA wrote:Hi Steve
As you are British Citizen you can apply for JSA after 3 months. Your wife can apply for JSA (Joint claim) when she got Residence Card.

as new law on 25.11.2016 British Citizen come Back from another EEA country must be Qualified Person (working) in The UK if you want to apply for RC for your wife. best thing to do find a job after that apply for RC for your wife.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bradly
Newly Registered

Post by bradly » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:10 pm

JAMAA wrote:Hi Steve

please pay attention to this phrases :!:
2. Eligibility
You can apply for a residence card if you’re both:

from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
the family member, or extended family member, of an EEA national who is a permanent resident or ‘qualified person’
which means for the family of UK citizen under SS , it does not need to be worker or qualified person because the british citizen has permanent right in UK, so you can apply for RC as soon as yoU arrived in UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:21 pm

bradly wrote:please pay attention to this phrases :!:
2. Eligibility

the family member, or extended family member, of an EEA national who is a permanent resident or ‘qualified person’
which means for the family of UK citizen under SS , it does not need to be worker or qualified person because the british citizen has permanent right in UK, so you can apply for RC as soon as yoU arrived in UK
The rules changed in November last year. The British citizen is now required to be a qualified person in the UK if they use the SS route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bradly
Newly Registered

Post by bradly » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
2. Eligibility

The rules changed in November last year. The British citizen is now required to be a qualified person in the UK if they use the SS route.
could you please give me a reference for it? thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm

bradly wrote:
CR001 wrote:
2. Eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bradly
Newly Registered

Post by bradly » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
bradly wrote:
CR001 wrote:
2. Eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh
but this link is for family permit , no RC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:35 pm

bradly wrote:but this link is for family permit , no RC
Not sure if you are only posting for the sake of increasing your post count given that you already have an application pending with HO.

Scroll down to the 'surinder singh' section in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... ligibility
Char (CR001 not Casa)