ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can a tier 4 dependant stay outside UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

I3404
Newly Registered

How long can a tier 4 dependant stay outside UK

Post by I3404 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:33 pm

As the subject of this thread states, I would like to know what is the maximum period of time can a tier 4 dependant (my wife) stays outside the UK? And can she travel alone?

She is doing a PhD at here home country and she needs to travel a lot but she's worried about here visa. I remember reading somewhere that the maximum period a tier 4 visa holder (not dependant) can stay outside the UK is 2 months. I am not sure whether I have read it in the official guidelines or in a forum. I tried to search again but I could not find where I have found it.

Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: How long can a tier 4 dependant stay outside UK

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:49 pm

I3404 wrote:As the subject of this thread states, I would like to know what is the maximum period of time can a tier 4 dependant (my wife) stays outside the UK?
There is no such rule.
I3404 wrote:And can she travel alone?
Yes, as long as she is entering the UK for the same purpose as her visa was issued.
I3404 wrote:I remember reading somewhere that the maximum period a tier 4 visa holder (not dependant) can stay outside the UK is 2 months.
Again, there is no such rule about this. You may be thinking of a maximum period of interruption to your studies allowed by your Tier 4 sponsor, which is often 60 days, but that is nothing to do with absence from the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

I3404
Newly Registered

Re: How long can a tier 4 dependant stay outside UK

Post by I3404 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:04 pm

sah10406 wrote: There is no such rule.
Thanks for the clarification.