ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adding Common Law wife details AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mcenteesalas
Newly Registered

Adding Common Law wife details AN form

Post by mcenteesalas » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Everyone,
Just a humble quick question and thank you in advance for your time and effort,
Presently I am applying for British naturalization as an EEA national, I`ve lived in the UK for the last 25 years and I have all required documents ready to send and AN form filled in, but there`s a section in the form where I have some doubts.

I presently co-habit with an English native Citizen, we`re not married (common-law wife) and we have a son together, we`ve lived together for the last 15 years.

On the AN form page 4 question 1.15 asks for my current marital status, I have ticked the "Unmarried partner"
then on pages 8 and 9 asks for "Details about your partner" in questions 1.32 to 1.37

I am not married to her but do I need to add her details on the form because I ticked Unmarried partner on page 4 or am I ok not to add her?

Many thanks again for all your valuable input, regards to all.

Casa

Re: Adding Common Law wife details AN form

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:05 am

There is no recognition of a 'common law' status under British law.

However, as you've ticked unmarried partner you should provide your partner's details. If they're not relevant to the application they will be disregarded.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mcenteesalas
Newly Registered

Re: Adding Common Law wife details AN form

Post by mcenteesalas » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:10 pm

Many thanks for your time and imput, much appreciated, much clear now.