ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year based ILR i.e. Set (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

THENAB
Newly Registered

10 year long residence Premium Appointment

Post by THENAB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi all

I have been gathering requirements and all the documents that I would be needing to get 10 year long residence permit. One question though I haven't seen answered anywhere is that how long does it usually take to get an appointment. I mean say if you want to book an appointment for November, when should one try to book it? I remember going for my Tier 2 extension and although it was managed by an agency on behalf of my company but I think they booked the appointment barely a month ago.

If anyone who has recently booked an appointment for ILR recently could please let me know how difficult it was to get an appointment and approximately how many months prior (to their preferable date) should a person do that?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 year long residence Premium Appointment

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:00 am

Appointments are available between 28 and 42 days before the date you required. Too early for November.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THENAB
Newly Registered

Post by THENAB » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 am

Thank you. So just to confirm you cannot book an appointment like say 3 months in advance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:55 am

THENAB wrote:Thank you. So just to confirm you cannot book an appointment like say 3 months in advance?
No you cannot.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THENAB
Newly Registered

SET(LR) 10 yrs appointment

Post by THENAB » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi

1) I got my first student visa on 15.12.07 but my immigration (entry) is stamped on 16 Dec 2007. I have never stayed illegally or overstayed my duration etc. I was on student visa for my masters and placement, then got PSW, then my employer sponsored me and just last year got my sponsorship extended. My understanding is on the basis of the 10 year rule, I should be fine to apply for ILR the week starting 20th November of this year. Is this correct?

2) I tried today to book a premium appointment but they were none available other than Cardiff :lol: which has so many slots available btw. Ideally I would want to do Croydon but if it doesn't work out then Bham/Liverpool/Sheffield. Is it true that appointments get released after midnight only? Does this also apply to weekend midnights?

3) I have read some conflicting information about number of absences allowed per year compared to throughout the 10 year period. If someone could please clarify that?

Thank you for reading!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(LR) 10 yrs appointment

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:06 pm

1. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before 16 December 2017. If the 20th November is within that 28 days window, then it should be fine.

2. You are only able to book and see appointments up to 42 days in advance, sometime less time in advance. Suggest keep looking. Too early now for appointment on 20th November though as it is more than 6 weeks from now.

3. For 10 years long residence, there is no 'number of absence per year' allowance. The rules are very clear. You cannot have absences of more than 540 days in the whole 10 years and no single absence of 180 days or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

THENAB
Newly Registered

Re: SET(LR) 10 yrs appointment

Post by THENAB » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Thank you for the help :)

THENAB
Newly Registered

10 yr Long Residence Appointment Checklist

Post by THENAB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am

Hi all

I am applying for long residence (10 yr rule) next month via premium appointment. From my research, this is what I need:

- All passports held during this time and their photocopies
- Two photographs with name written on the back
- Completed application form
- University Degree (to prove English requirements)
- Life in UK test certificate

Could someone confirm if the above list is correct? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 yr Long Residence Appointment Checklist

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am

Correct. Assuming your degree is a UK degree.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am

correct.
Edit: Beaten. how close was that. 11:07

THENAB
Newly Registered

Post by THENAB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 am

My degree is from UK uni. Thank you! and wow both of you posted the same minute :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 am

iworker wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am
correct.
Edit: Beaten. how close was that. 11:07
Great minds :wink: .......
Char (CR001 not Casa)

THENAB
Newly Registered

History of Absences - 10 Year Long Residence

Post by THENAB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi

I was just filling in the form earlier. In one of the sections, it asks for the complete list of absences from UK with dates of leave and dates of return. Now I don't remember all of that as it has been around 10 years. Do I need to find all the exact dates or would approximation as in month/year be enough? Please advise. Thank you!

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: History of Absences - 10 Year Long Residence

Post by makky86 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:46 am

THENAB wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:26 pm
Hi

I was just filling in the form earlier. In one of the sections, it asks for the complete list of absences from UK with dates of leave and dates of return. Now I don't remember all of that as it has been around 10 years. Do I need to find all the exact dates or would approximation as in month/year be enough? Please advise. Thank you!
Yes you have to provide the dates. Check your passport it would have the stamps. Even though UK dont have any exit stamp but the country you landed after leaving must have entry stamp and then entry stamp on UK airport when you came back.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

THENAB
Newly Registered

10 year based ILR i.e. Set (LR)

Post by THENAB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 am

Hi all

Although I believe I don’t think I need anything else other than the following but after looking at the form pages 31 & 24, where letter from the employer, driving license, payslips & utility bills are also in checklist of Set (LR) application form, I am panicking! From my understanding, this is all what’s needed:
1 – All passports I have held since entering UK for the first time
2 – 2 Photographs with name on the back and in an envelope
3 – Current Biometric Residence Permit
4 – Life in the UK test certificate
5 – UK University degree (English language requirement)
6 – Nothing else!

Am I correct? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 year based ILR i.e. Set (LR)

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:02 pm

I answered your question on 16th October about the documents.

Read the form again and see when additional documents are required. It does clearly state the circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)