ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of online application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Date of online application

Post by Ruislip » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Hello.

Does the date of the online application submission (for a fince visa) act as a cut-off date for all the submission docs?

We have already submitted our online application, but are organising the other documents and we have been informed the 6 month bank statements and payslips must be from the date of the online application. Does it apply to any other docs??

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Date of online application

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:12 pm

I think the date of application for an online application will be when the application form gets successfully be submitted and received a reference number.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Post by Ruislip » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:28 pm

From the link you have posted I infer that the date of my online application submission is the cut-off date.

Does that mean that all the documents I have organised that are dated after that will not be considered!?

cosak

Post by cosak » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:52 pm

it's certainly the date of online application submission... the documents dated between the date of online application and biometric appointment date will be considered.. whatever you submit on the date of biomemtric appointment date will be taken into consideration.. some people even send some pending docs after submitting everything, still gets considered...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:02 pm

cosak wrote:it's certainly the date of online application submission... the documents dated between the date of online application and biometric appointment date will be considered.. whatever you submit on the date of biomemtric appointment date will be taken into consideration.. some people even send some pending docs after submitting everything, still gets considered...
The rules does not appear to permit this, as a matter of law, the requirement must be met in the 6 months preceding the application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Post by Ruislip » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:43 pm

It seems extremely harsh if the ECO ignores all docs dated post online application submission date.

I could cancel my online app and resubmit it, but then I would have to ask for a reimbursement. Potentially could end up £1,200 down...

What do you guys think?

cosak

Post by cosak » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:55 pm

as long as the docs relating to the financial requirement are dated before the date of online application, you should be fine... that's where the ECO are more rigorous in scrutiny...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Another dilemma that application usually incomplete without biometrics so the documents 28 days older date should be from application submission date or biometrics? As per guidance it's from application date.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cosak

Post by cosak » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:02 pm

i agree with seagul.. the HO doesn't elaborate on the date of application whether it's online or biometrics date.. it only says 'date of application'.. having looked at the link earlier regarding Kuar's case... it's one of case and pretty old as well... most cases are being dealt in relation to the date of biometrics as far as i am aware... the ECO can't proceed until they receive the supporting docs and biometrics, therefore, i would like think. it's the date of biometrics... it's very confusing but again it makes sense as 'seagul' says the application is incomplete until the full package is not received by the ECO.. i am not the expert though,... although i have contacted the UKVI team on this point and they said the same that the ECO will take into consideration whatever is submitted to them on the date of biometrics date....

I think the payslips and bank statements should not be older than the date of online submission though, just to be on the safer side...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:39 pm

And i believe even most of the caseworker themselves might not be familiar about that as what point should be considered from when the documents shouldn't be older than 28 days. That point really very confusing but as a precaution try to get the documents 28 days older from application submission date and then try to book biometrics as quickly as possible followed by dispatching the documents.

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Post by Ruislip » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:12 am

Thank you both for your very helpful advice.

Is the best way to contact UKVI over the phone? I can't seem to speak to anyone when I call...

Any advice on getting in contact with them?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:21 pm

I think calling them will further confuse you because usually telephone operators have no knowledge about visa policy and each time you may get different reply. In my opinion sending an email to policy department may be better and for getting there email you have to Google a lot.