ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil Marriage Immigration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irishguy86
Newly Registered

Civil Marriage Immigration

Post by irishguy86 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:46 am

Hi All,

I'm a dual national - Irish and British and recently married a non EU spouse. We plan to move to Ireland later in the year. We are living in the Middle East at present. I've read that there is an earning requirement to apply for the visa for my spouse. As we are living in the Middle East will they instead take into consideration my income there by proof of salary certificate from my employer? Is it better to go with a job already lined up?

Also as we live in the Middle East is it possible for my spouse to enter on a short stay visit visa and then apply for a spouse visa once in Ireland? As we are located in an area where same sex marriage is prohibited we are apprehensive applying for a spouse visa from here.

Member of Standing

Re: Civil Marriage Immigration

Post by member » Tue May 03, 2016 8:08 am

irishguy86 wrote:Hi All,

I'm a dual national - Irish and British and recently married a non EU spouse. We plan to move to Ireland later in the year. We are living in the Middle East at present. I've read that there is an earning requirement to apply for the visa for my spouse. As we are living in the Middle East will they instead take into consideration my income there by proof of salary certificate from my employer? Is it better to go with a job already lined up?

Also as we live in the Middle East is it possible for my spouse to enter on a short stay visit visa and then apply for a spouse visa once in Ireland? As we are located in an area where same sex marriage is prohibited we are apprehensive applying for a spouse visa from here.
What is your spouse's nationality?

irishguy86
Newly Registered

Post by irishguy86 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:15 am

He is lebanese

irishguy86
Newly Registered

Post by irishguy86 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:31 am

Also we had looked at the Surinder Singh route. I was an Irish citizen until March this year when I claimed dual nationality. I spent 3 years approximately in the UK between 2011 to 2014. Currently I reside in the Middle East with my partner.

Is it possible to apply for a family permit to Ireland using my British citizenship or a family permit to UK using my Irish citizenship? We would like the least stressful option!

irishguy86
Newly Registered

Post by irishguy86 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:34 pm

I need some advice, I was in contact with my Solicitor today and they advised the following, I wanted to check if anyone had any success or refusal previously using that there is no explicit prohibition on applying for a EEA family permit in Ireland based on my spouse's marriage to a UK national.

Would appreciate any comments/opinions on using this route.

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Irishguy86,

I am in a similar situation as a dual-national British/Irish looking at visa options on moving to Ireland. I am married to my partner and we are living in his country in SE Asia. Since you posted in May 2016 I just wondered how you got on in the end and what route you took?

Cheers,

Niall.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:47 am

NiallPP wrote:Hi Irishguy86,

I am in a similar situation as a dual-national British/Irish looking at visa options on moving to Ireland. I am married to my partner and we are living in his country in SE Asia. Since you posted in May 2016 I just wondered how you got on in the end and what route you took?

Cheers,

Niall.
This member hasn't visited the forum since Mon May 09, 2016
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 am

Thanks, I posted in the vague hope they might at some point return and update. perhaps they will receive a notification about this topic :)

Lots of threads on here seem to die without an update on how things ultimately went, which is a shame