ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Stamp 4 after non-EU person's naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Spouse Stamp 4 after non-EU person's naturalisation

Post by zepman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi all,

I am a non-EU person living in Ireland since 2011. In July 2016, I applied for naturalisation based on 5-year residence and I am hoping to get an approval in time for the next naturalisation ceremony (April).

My wife has been in Ireland on Stamp 3 since 2012. I understand that once I am an Irish citizen, she will be eligible for Stamp 4. Just have a couple of questions related to this.

(1) Is the process as quick as a normal stamp renewal? In other words, is it just a matter of going to the GNIB office with an appointment and walking out with her Stamp 4 the same day?

(2) Do I need to have obtained my Irish passport before she can get her Stamp 4?

langtababa
BANNED

Re: Spouse Stamp 4 after non-EU person's naturalisation

Post by langtababa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:26 pm

To indianzeppelin,

Question: Is the process as quick as a normal stamp renewal? In other words, is it just a matter of going to the GNIB office with an appointment and walking out with her Stamp 4 the same day?

Answer: You have to go along with your wife with an appointment and marriage certificate and her stamp will be change in to stamp 4 its call window visa.

Question: Do I need to have obtained my Irish passport before she can get her Stamp 4?

Answer: Well you need to have Irish naturalization certificate to prove that you are an Irish citizen.Given a fact that you will have your naturalization certificate in your hand on the ceremony day..but to obtain a passport it takes up to 4 to 6 weeks..To avoid complexity wait till get your Irish passport for your wife to change her status..

However can you please update your time line about your citizenship application
hope its helps..

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks for your reply, langtababa!

langtababa wrote:
Answer: You have to go along with your wife with an appointment and marriage certificate and her stamp will be change in to stamp 4 its call window visa.
What do you mean by "...call window visa"?

langtababa wrote:
Answer: Well you need to have Irish naturalization certificate to prove that you are an Irish citizen.Given a fact that you will have your naturalization certificate in your hand on the ceremony day..but to obtain a passport it takes up to 4 to 6 weeks..To avoid complexity wait till get your Irish passport for your wife to change her status..
Yes, on the INIS webpage (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... howtoapply), it lists the Irish spouse's original passport as a required documentation, but it's not clear if it applies to naturalised citizens as well. That's why I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this.

langtababa wrote: However can you please update your time line about your citizenship application
hope its helps..
I've posted it in the timeline thread (http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 22579.html), just above your post. :)

langtababa
BANNED

Post by langtababa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 am

They say it's window visa caz you do not have to apply for your spouse all you need to take her to GNIB and get the stamp4
However a person can be Irish citizen in few ways.you mentioned in INIS they didn't mention does it apply to naturalised Irish citizen..exactly your answer lies in ur question..caz if there any limitations for a naturalised Irish citizen INIS Defo would mention on their web sites.
However there is no discrimination when it's comes to right for a naturalised or a by born Irish citizen ..
So not to worry you can take your wife and go to GNIB and get extended her visa..I know many people did it and even brought their wife from back home even they are naturalised Irish citizen..now still you are confused just mail them for peace of you mind..
Yes saw ur timeline it's moving fast..
Guess ur approval on its way...
Good luck ..

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:45 am

langtababa wrote: So not to worry you can take your wife and go to GNIB and get extended her visa.
Does anyone know if one can just walk into the GNIB and get the spousal Stamp 4 now that they have the appointment system in place? I have been checking for the last 2-3 days and there seem to be no appointments available for the next 10 weeks (which is the maximum number of weeks the calendar displays).

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 am

indianzeppelin wrote:
langtababa wrote: So not to worry you can take your wife and go to GNIB and get extended her visa.
Does anyone know if one can just walk into the GNIB and get the spousal Stamp 4 now that they have the appointment system in place? I have been checking for the last 2-3 days and there seem to be no appointments available for the next 10 weeks (which is the maximum number of weeks the calendar displays).
Keep tryin until u get one .. early mornin 8 9am is the best time to get appointment and 2:30pm for an early Appointment.
🚙...................................🚓 🚓..🚓...🚓
🇨🇮❤️🇵🇰

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:47 am

Ali0857 wrote:
indianzeppelin wrote:
Keep tryin until u get one .. early mornin 8 9am is the best time to get appointment and 2:30pm for an early Appointment.
Thanks Ali0857! You're right. I actually managed to get an appointment just a few minutes after I made that last post here. I had kept the appointment webpage open all morning with the required details filled in and was clicking the "Find Available Appointments" button periodically. Fortunately, one of the clicks happened to be at the right time and a few slots appeared for the 24th of April out of which I picked the 8am one. This works out very well since it's the very next business day following the naturalisation ceremony and is an early appointment so I won't have to miss work!

However, the slots were all gone pretty quickly as I checked again after a short time (just out of curiosity) and there were none available.

Peoplesoft1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Peoplesoft1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:55 am

Hi Zepmen
I am in same situation
could you please let me what documents were required and visa period that was given on counter.
Thanks

Peoplesoft1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Peoplesoft1 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:42 pm

zepman wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:47 am
Ali0857 wrote:
indianzeppelin wrote:
Thanks Ali0857! You're right. I actually managed to get an appointment just a few minutes after I made that last post here. I had kept the appointment webpage open all morning with the required details filled in and was clicking the "Find Available Appointments" button periodically. Fortunately, one of the clicks happened to be at the right time and a few slots appeared for the 24th of April out of which I picked the 8am one. This works out very well since it's the very next business day following the naturalisation ceremony and is an early appointment so I won't have to miss work!

However, the slots were all gone pretty quickly as I checked again after a short time (just out of curiosity) and there were none available.
Hi Zepmen
I am in same situation
could you please let me what documents were required and visa period that was given on counter.
Thanks

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 am

Peoplesoft1 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi Zepmen
I am in same situation
Thanks
You mean the GNIB stamp, right?

We were asked for the following documents.
- My wife's passport + her GNIB card
- My passport from my country of origin + my Irish naturalisation certificate
- Our marriage certificate

We weren't asked for my payslips or a proof of our address but I did have those and other documents (like P60) handy. So, doesn't hurt to bring them with you.

I didn't have my Irish passport at that time yet (we went in the very next business day after the naturalisation), but we weren't asked for that either.

Peoplesoft1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Peoplesoft1 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:12 pm

zepman wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Hi all,

I am a non-EU person living in Ireland since 2011. In July 2016, I applied for naturalisation based on 5-year residence and I am hoping to get an approval in time for the next naturalisation ceremony (April).

My wife has been in Ireland on Stamp 3 since 2012. I understand that once I am an Irish citizen, she will be eligible for Stamp 4. Just have a couple of questions related to this.

(1) Is the process as quick as a normal stamp renewal? In other words, is it just a matter of going to the GNIB office with an appointment and walking out with her Stamp 4 the same day?

(2) Do I need to have obtained my Irish passport before she can get her Stamp 4?
Hi guys same question - has the process changed ?
I am hoping to get invite for 26th and going to gnib office on 27th .
Will my spouse get stamp 4 based on my naturalization cert?
Appericiate if someone can respond quickly . I have everything planned out so fingers crossed it works
Unless now it’s a long process for stamp 4 . Anyone got recently??

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Can someone pls advice on my last question
Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Gogreen81 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:19 pm
Thanks
What's your spouse nationality?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm

max307 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:51 pm
Gogreen81 wrote:
Thanks
Non eu , on stamp 1 ,6+ years in ireland

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 pm

Gogreen81 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm
max307 wrote:
Gogreen81 wrote:
Thanks
You didn't answer my question so I can't give you a more definitive answer.

In theory if your spouse is a visa required national and is within the period of permission to remain in the State (except short stay ‘C’ visas) both you and your non EU spouse should attend at your local INIS office with the following documentation:

- Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
- Your original Irish passport
- Your spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport
- Evidence of your joint address

It isn't clear if they would accept a Naturalisation Certificate instead of your Irish passport but you can always try, make sure you book an appointment beforehand to avoid any issues.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:27 pm

max307 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 pm
Gogreen81 wrote:
max307 wrote:
Gogreen81 wrote:
Thanks

In theory if your spouse is a visa required national and is within the period of permission to remain in the State (except short stay ‘C’ visas) both you and your non EU spouse should attend at your local INIS office with the following documentation:

It isn't clear if they would accept a Naturalisation Certificate instead of your Irish passport but you can always try, make sure you book an appointment beforehand to avoid any issues.
from India, but dont know if it matters as all noneu's would fall under the same category.
thanks for your response. I was hoping to just go next day after ceremony - have booked appointment already. perfectly planned only if i get an invite in first place :(.

shes also eligible to apply now on her own - so was just holding off to do this first as i heard it taking almost 6-7 weeks to get passport back.
fingers crossed.
hope your answer doesnt change although i am expecting GNIB office to accept the naturalisation cert.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Gogreen81 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:27 pm
max307 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 pm
Gogreen81 wrote:
max307 wrote:

from India, but dont know if it matters as all noneu's would fall under the same category.
thanks for your response. I was hoping to just go next day after ceremony - have booked appointment already. perfectly planned only if i get an invite in first place :(.

shes also eligible to apply now on her own - so was just holding off to do this first as i heard it taking almost 6-7 weeks to get passport back.
fingers crossed.
hope your answer doesnt change although i am expecting GNIB office to accept the naturalisation cert.
She will get a Stamp 4 on the spot if you attend with her as an Irish citizen with the required documentation.

It looks like others in the forum have attended with their Naturalisation Certificate with no issues so you will be fine.

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks for the response .