ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from India - supporting docs - Sheffield??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skp80
Newly Registered

Spouse visa from India - supporting docs - Sheffield??

Post by skp80 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi all,

A relative of mine has applied to enter the UK as a spouse.

They have now received an email which has informed them of the following:

"Your online application has been received by Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except USA and Canada) you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix*; English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided."

The information provided on this new procedure is very limited and a clear answer as to what is needed to be submitted by an applicant at the VAC in India is unclear, has anybody gone through this procedure and come out of the other side without any delays/ hassle?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa from India - supporting docs - Sheffield??

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:45 pm

As far as I am aware, applicant should submit printed and signed online form, their passport and TB cert at VAC. Not 100% sure about TB cert though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skp80
Newly Registered

Post by skp80 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:29 pm

I have been informed of a friend who is in a similiar situation and all of their supporting/ original documents are in India (as you usually would submit all the supporting documents with the online application prior to the change on 12th December 2016)

The VAC scanned all of his original documents and returned everything (including online application form with attached photographs) and retained his original passport.

VAC did not mention anything about submitting original documents to Sheffield.

Very unsure about the current position.

Eig123
Newly Registered

Post by Eig123 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi

I have same concern

This is what i have found from VFS Website

From the 12 December 2016, customers applying for UK settlement should send supporting documentation directly to UKVI in Sheffield, UK by post (full postal address is below). Supporting documents will no longer be accepted at Visa Application Centers in India for any settlement applications submitted from 30 January 2017 onwards

From 12 December 2016 all documents submitted by customers applying for
standard Tier 1, 2, 4 and 5 visas, EEA applications and Settlement visas will be
scanned at the Visa Application Centre and sent electronically to UKVI.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/N ... rocess.pdf

Eig123
Newly Registered

Post by Eig123 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:04 pm

skp80 wrote:I have been informed of a friend who is in a similiar situation and all of their supporting/ original documents are in India (as you usually would submit all the supporting documents with the online application prior to the change on 12th December 2016)

The VAC scanned all of his original documents and returned everything (including online application form with attached photographs) and retained his original passport.

VAC did not mention anything about submitting original documents to Sheffield.

Very unsure about the current position.
We have applied on 10th Jan 2017.

They have scanned all document including application form and return everything back and not mention anything about submitting original documents to Sheffield.

They also said we will receive answer within 23 working days.

According to VFS website, Supporting documents will no longer be accepted at Visa Application Centers in India for any settlement applications submitted from 30 January 2017 onwards.

When did your friend apply for visa.

if anyone apply after 30th January 2017 please share your visa application process here.

skp80
Newly Registered

Post by skp80 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:14 pm

He applied on 27 Jan 17 - so before the date specified by VFS (30 Jan 17) where they have said they will no longer accept supporting documents.

I am aware that a change like this happened with settlement applications in Pakistan, however the FCO made an announcement on gov.uk website (by BHC Islamabad) - nothing like this has been announced with regards to the visa application process in India.

Rubidium00
Newly Registered

Post by Rubidium00 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm a British Citizen and my husband recently applied for the spouse visa at VFS Cochin, India.
My hubby applied on the 28th of December 2016. All the docs were scanned and returned to him and he was told that it would all be sent to UKVI electronically.
Now, we left the VAC with this knowledge. It wasn't until the 5th of Jan 2017, that hubby received an email stating that the application had been received at Sheffield, etc (same email as quoted above). This email set off our confusion again, as the VAC people did not tell us to send the originals to Sheffield.
I contacted UKVI (via their premium telephone line) and spoke to an advisor who could only tell me that the application was received at Sheffield, and not whether the scans of the documents had been received too. Although this advisor said that the originals would only need to be sent for applications submitted after 30th Jan 2017, the advisor said that he can escalate this case to double check and hubby received an email from this same advisor I spoke to on how to escalate the case. To cut the story short, the reply from the escalation was that we needed to send the originals to the Sheffield address shown on the notice. The reply included this link (http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/Ne ... rocess.pdf).

I had to get the originals couriered from hubby whose in India (waited 3 days to receive this). I then sent off all the documents as per the instructions on the notice, enclosed with a self-addressed envelope. Now - the notice that the escalation email linked to seems to have been updated to this (http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/We ... ations.pdf). Both these docs had two different addresses to send the docs to. But I chose to send it to the most recent notice ( UKVI, PO Box 5852, Sheffield,S11 0FX). I received all the documents the day after they were received at this address. There was a generic letter included stating that all the documents were verified and copies taken.
I agree there is a lack of clarity about what to do about applications from those of us who applied between 12 Dec 2016 and 30th Jan 2017.

I advise people to call up UKVI and ask. If not, just send the originals to the address given, following the guidelines given in the latest notice on the VFS UK website.

skp80
Newly Registered

Post by skp80 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Rubidium00 wrote:Rubidium00
Hi Rubidium00,

Thanks for your reply really appreciate that. Will call on behalf of my friend as soon as possible. Please do keep us updated and let us know how it goes - good luck!

Eig123
Newly Registered

Post by Eig123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi SKP80 & Rubidium00

Any update?

Have you called home office for supporting documents ?

moinrafkhan7863
Newly Registered

Post by moinrafkhan7863 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Rubidium00 wrote:Hi everyone.

I'm a British Citizen and my husband recently applied for the spouse visa at VFS Cochin, India.
My hubby applied on the 28th of December 2016. All the docs were scanned and returned to him and he was told that it would all be sent to UKVI electronically.
Now, we left the VAC with this knowledge. It wasn't until the 5th of Jan 2017, that hubby received an email stating that the application had been received at Sheffield, etc (same email as quoted above). This email set off our confusion again, as the VAC people did not tell us to send the originals to Sheffield.
I contacted UKVI (via their premium telephone line) and spoke to an advisor who could only tell me that the application was received at Sheffield, and not whether the scans of the documents had been received too. Although this advisor said that the originals would only need to be sent for applications submitted after 30th Jan 2017, the advisor said that he can escalate this case to double check and hubby received an email from this same advisor I spoke to on how to escalate the case. To cut the story short, the reply from the escalation was that we needed to send the originals to the Sheffield address shown on the notice. The reply included this link (http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/Ne ... rocess.pdf).

I had to get the originals couriered from hubby whose in India (waited 3 days to receive this). I then sent off all the documents as per the instructions on the notice, enclosed with a self-addressed envelope. Now - the notice that the escalation email linked to seems to have been updated to this (http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/We ... ations.pdf). Both these docs had two different addresses to send the docs to. But I chose to send it to the most recent notice ( UKVI, PO Box 5852, Sheffield,S11 0FX). I received all the documents the day after they were received at this address. There was a generic letter included stating that all the documents were verified and copies taken.
I agree there is a lack of clarity about what to do about applications from those of us who applied between 12 Dec 2016 and 30th Jan 2017.

I advise people to call up UKVI and ask. If not, just send the originals to the address given, following the guidelines given in the latest notice on the VFS UK website.
This is so confusing, i submitted my application at Hyderabad on January 17, 2017. They told me that everything would be scanned at the centre and sent electronically. The email i received is the same as above and seems to imply you need to send the documents to Sheffield within 20 working days.

I did not submit an atested bank statement or my december pay slip so this works to my advantage. Can anyone confirm if i need to submit everyhting again or just the documents that i missed out? Be so grateful for any help

skp80
Newly Registered

Post by skp80 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:47 pm

skp80 wrote:
Hi Rubidium00,

Thanks for your reply really appreciate that. Will call on behalf of my friend as soon as possible. Please do keep us updated and let us know how it goes - good luck!
Hi

Just wanted to ask did you send a self addressed envelope with the supporting documents that you send? Please let me know.

Thanks alot !

Rubidium00
Newly Registered

Post by Rubidium00 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:40 pm

skp80 wrote:
skp80 wrote:
Hi Rubidium00,

Hi

Just wanted to ask did you send a self addressed envelope with the supporting documents that you send? Please let me know.

Thanks alot !
I packaged all the original documents in the order described by the notice on the vfs website. I put all this into a large envelope, along with the self-addressed special delivery envelope.

Rubidium00
Newly Registered

Post by Rubidium00 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:43 pm

moinrafkhan7863 wrote:
Rubidium00 wrote:Hi everyone.

This is so confusing, i submitted my application at Hyderabad on January 17, 2017. They told me that everything would be scanned at the centre and sent electronically. The email i received is the same as above and seems to imply you need to send the documents to Sheffield within 20 working days.

I did not submit an atested bank statement or my december pay slip so this works to my advantage. Can anyone confirm if i need to submit everyhting again or just the documents that i missed out? Be so grateful for any help
I'd say call UKVI and get them to clarify. If anything, get them to email their response to you so you have proof that you contacted regarding this. But anyway, they will most probably ask you to submit an online form from their website outlining your query, for which you'll receive a reply via email. They usually reply by the next working day.

Rubidium00
Newly Registered

Post by Rubidium00 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Eig123 wrote:Hi SKP80 & Rubidium00

Any update?

Like I mentioned in my first reply, I had contacted UKVI international inquiry service (please see above regarding what they said).

Call UKVI on 0300 123 2241 and select Option 2 - information about application, in order to speak to someone.

Thank you, and I'll keep you all updated. Include us in your prayers please.

skp80
Newly Registered

Post by skp80 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Eig123 wrote:Hi SKP80 & Rubidium00

Any update?

Hi Eig123,

It seems like the new process has kicked in and supporting docs should be sent to UKVI Sheffield. Would be best for you to contact Sheffield team directly via telephone to get further clarity on your situation as there does not seem to be any clear guidance anywhere else.

moinrafkhan7863
Newly Registered

Post by moinrafkhan7863 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi does anybody know how you can contact sheffield to see if they have an electronic copy of all the documents? I applied 17th January and was told everything would be sent electronically. I have received the standard email they sent requesting the documents after the 20 working days.

I am so confused as to what to do? Do they have the documents or not? Can someone help please

Rubidium00
Newly Registered

Post by Rubidium00 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:57 pm

moinrafkhan7863 wrote:Hi does anybody know how you can contact sheffield to see if they have an electronic copy of all the documents? I applied 17th January and was told everything would be sent electronically. I have received the standard email they sent requesting the documents after the 20 working days.

I am so confused as to what to do? Do they have the documents or not? Can someone help please
Hi there,

You can call the UKVI international enquiries on the number that I posted in my last reply to someone else on this thread. However, the advisors you will speak to will not be able to see if UKVI has received your documents (electronically or otherwise). I know this from my experience of calling on this number twice, with the reply being the same on both occasions.

Best thing to do is, however, call them up and ask what you need to do (if anything).

vis_123
Newly Registered

Post by vis_123 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi, I have Applied the settlement visa for my child on 27 th Jan 2017.
All the submitted documents are scanned and returned back and still dont have any update from UKVI
Any one is applied in January and received the VISA without sending the doc to Sheffield or all the original documents was send Sheffield after bio metric taken in India ?

Rubidium00
Newly Registered

Post by Rubidium00 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd update you guys on my hubby's application.

Thanks to God, he was granted the spouse visa on Wednesday. In total, it took 53 working days from biometric enrolment.

I hope everyone else receives good news soon, too!

Best Wishes :)

Balrog
Newly Registered

Post by Balrog » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Hey guys

Can someone please tell me WHO has to send the supporting documents to Sheffield? I have everything with me In India as I prepared the application as the applicant. My husband couriered everything to me so I could process everything. Can the applicant send the documents directly to Sheffield, or should the sponsor do this?

The VFS guys said I can send everything directly as the applicant by courier. But has someone else got any guidance on this?

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Either you can send the supporting documents directly from India, or the Sponsor can send the documents to Sheffield. The important thing is that the supporting documents are sent to Sheffield office.

Whichever method suits you best. Do not forget to include a pre paid special delivery envelope to return the documents to address of your preference

Reddy7
Newly Registered

Post by Reddy7 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:37 am

Hello Guys,

Small help . I been asked to send documents to shefiled for spouse settlement visa. How can I send self addressed envelope from India Hyderabad. I contacted DHL they said they don't do any self addressed envelopes. Please help me with this .....
Regards
Reddy

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 am

Is your sponsor in the UK? If so you can send the documents to the sponsor via DHL. Then these can forwarded to Sheffield with self addressed pre paid envelope back directly to that person

Balrog
Newly Registered

Post by Balrog » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Hey guys

I had the most harrowing experience with VFS chennai on the 15th of June. They did not scan my supporting documents, did not check anything and only took the application form. I was using the premium lounge service. Then they said given the volume of documentation ( over 1000 pages) I should use the courier service. I said ok can I pay for it. They said they did not offer return courier in VFS Chennai. THis was a shocker because the user pay services on the phone had said that I would go to the Centre and sort it out,

Next I said which is a rusted courier and they said DHL. Then I asked for an address confirmation as VFS global has two listed addresses. They gave me the PO Box one and had no idea about the second address or that it was on their website.

I finally got in touch with DHL and went to their office. They said they would not deliver to a PO BOX! So I called VFS again and it was a horrible three hours. They didn't ask me for any information until 18 minutes into the call. Finally the guy asked for application number. I managed to escalate it saying could they fix me up in the Chennai VFS as the staff had said I shouldn't scan my documents through. Since DHL would not deliver to a PO box, what should I do?

After 47 minutes a manager Called mayur finally confirmed the Vulcan house address for Sheffield and said I could send the documents there. While I was on hold they had been unable to get in touch with VFS chennai and so had got this information from VFS Mumbai.

I'm so shocked. I paid to write a long email to UKVI about their VFS partners here pointing out that they were making clients very vulnerable and did not have standard operating procedures. I only hope they have not misguided me and made me send my priority settlement supporting documents to the wrong address. I'm very stressed by this whole encounter.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi

Yes im afraid its things like these that causes issues for Visa applications from outside the UK. The instructions say send the documents to a PO BOX. What they dont tell you is that only Royal Mail can deliver to that PO BOX.

The least they can do is include an address for couriers on the instructions