ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 application after cooling off period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chris5135
Newly Registered

Tier 2 application after cooling off period

Post by chris5135 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could shed light on the earliest application date for a Tier 2 general visa AFTER the 12 month cooling off period.

Mine's a little tricky - after having been sponsored by one company on Tier 2, I am now on a 12 month cooling off period but I've been visiting the UK once every 2 months for social reasons from Germany (where I now have a working holiday visa).

Another company would like to sponsor me, but I've been told that I cannot submit another application until my 12 month cooling off period expires. I'm trying to ascertain when that is, as my Notice of Curtailment was received AFTER I'd already left the UK.

Here's a brief timeline of the exit:

May 9th: Employer reports cancellation of Tier 2 Sponsored visa
July 25th: Exited UK

Aug 17th: Re-entered UK (for short visit)
Aug 18th: Exited UK

Sep 22nd: Re-entered UK (short visit)
Sep 26th: Exited UK

Oct 3rd: Received Letter of Curtailment from Home Office, stating that visa will now expire December 2nd, 2016.

Dec 2nd: Re-entered UK (short visit)
Dec 5th: Exited UK

When is the earliest I can submit my application for the new Tier 2 General Visa (pending the new employer's ability to receive a COS for my open role?)

Any light you could shed on this would be super helpful, thanks!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 application after cooling off period

Post by poper » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:04 pm

chris5135 wrote:Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could shed light on the earliest application date for a Tier 2 general visa AFTER the 12 month cooling off period.

Mine's a little tricky - after having been sponsored by one company on Tier 2, I am now on a 12 month cooling off period but I've been visiting the UK once every 2 months for social reasons from Germany (where I now have a working holiday visa).

Another company would like to sponsor me, but I've been told that I cannot submit another application until my 12 month cooling off period expires. I'm trying to ascertain when that is, as my Notice of Curtailment was received AFTER I'd already left the UK.

Here's a brief timeline of the exit:

May 9th: Employer reports cancellation of Tier 2 Sponsored visa
July 25th: Exited UK

Aug 17th: Re-entered UK (for short visit)
Aug 18th: Exited UK

Sep 22nd: Re-entered UK (short visit)
Sep 26th: Exited UK

Oct 3rd: Received Letter of Curtailment from Home Office, stating that visa will now expire December 2nd, 2016.

Dec 2nd: Re-entered UK (short visit)
Dec 5th: Exited UK

When is the earliest I can submit my application for the new Tier 2 General Visa (pending the new employer's ability to receive a COS for my open role?)

Any light you could shed on this would be super helpful, thanks!

Which visa have you been using to re-enter UK since August?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

chris5135
Newly Registered

Post by chris5135 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:16 am

I guess just my 3 month tourist visa? I didn't think I needed to apply for a separate tourist visa since I'm on an Australian passport, and that I have a valid working visa for Germany...have I been stupid?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 am

Have you been stamped in as a visitor (6 months stay) for your August and September trips??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.