ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Path to German Nationality

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yaakovnewman
Germany

Path to German Nationality

Post by yaakovnewman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi Every one
Need some information regarding German nationality law and this forum is always helpful. I am a British citizen working in Germany for last 15 months as consultant my wife got British spouse visa valid until May 17 and on that ground she got her German residence card valid until the same time. We are blessed with daughter here as well and her British passport is sorted. When I arrived here I never thought to live here more than a three months but contract getting extended and now both Job and money are very good and my wife also kind a like here too. My question is If we want to live here permanently is there any clause in German law which helps my wife to get German citizenship with in 5,6 years? Otherwise I will go back to UK and wait for time because there its done thing (until now at least).
Please answer it if any body have any information.

Thanks In Advance

noajthan

Re: Path to German Nationality

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:18 pm

yaakovnewman wrote:Hi Every one
Need some information regarding German nationality law and this forum is always helpful. I am a British citizen working in Germany for last 15 months as consultant my wife got British spouse visa valid until May 17 and on that ground she got her German residence card valid until the same time. We are blessed with daughter here as well and her British passport is sorted. When I arrived here I never thought to live here more than a three months but contract getting extended and now both Job and money are very good and my wife also kind a like here too. My question is If we want to live here permanently is there any clause in German law which helps my wife to get German citizenship with in 5,6 years? Otherwise I will go back to UK and wait for time because there its done thing (until now at least).

Thanks In Advance
EU free movement & treaty rights is your friend...

You could start here:
http://www.bamf.de/EN/DasBAMF/Aufgaben/ ... -node.html

And if you change your mind and do return to UK in the future you will then be classed as an EEA national returning under Surinder Singh rules;
ie your wife's immigration journey can continue in UK but under EU rules.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yaakovnewman
Germany

Post by yaakovnewman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi
Really appreciate you quick and helpful reply. I will go through the page u send me seems like there's an option.

Thanks again

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:30 pm

yaakovnewman wrote:Hi Every one

Thanks In Advance
She can get permanent residence after five years, residence requirement for applying for German citizenship is 8 years.

You can always go to your local "Einbürgerungsbehörde" and get advice regarding your specific situation.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

yaakovnewman
Germany

Path to PR and German Nationality

Post by yaakovnewman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi
Hope you all dong good. Just need some information, if any of you have, in post Brexit scenario. My wife's spouse visa will expire in 8 months time and I have no immediate plan to return to UK as I already explained job and money is good here. Her EU family member visa here in Germany will expire in 10 months (2 months after expiration of British spouse visa and this is also last date of validity of her current passport) and I don't know what will happen to her after that.
Is any of you have any idea what will happen to people living in Germany on EU family member visa? Before Brexit I know that she will get her visa extended and after five years she can apply for some kind of PR.
Another thing I need to know is there any chance to get her PR sorted in Germany according to some local or EU before five years time as my daughter born here as well?

Thanks In Advance

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Path to PR and German Nationality

Post by ALKB » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:28 pm

yaakovnewman wrote:Hi
Hope you all dong good. Just need some information, if any of you have, in post Brexit scenario. My wife's spouse visa will expire in 8 months time and I have no immediate plan to return to UK as I already explained job and money is good here. Her EU family member visa here in Germany will expire in 10 months (2 months after expiration of British spouse visa and this is also last date of validity of her current passport) and I don't know what will happen to her after that.
Is any of you have any idea what will happen to people living in Germany on EU family member visa? Before Brexit I know that she will get her visa extended and after five years she can apply for some kind of PR.
Another thing I need to know is there any chance to get her PR sorted in Germany according to some local or EU before five years time as my daughter born here as well?

Thanks In Advance
UK has not even triggered article 50, yet, so the actual exit of UK from the EU is probably several years in the future, in any case more than ten months in the future.

Have YOU exercised treaty rights continuously since your wife's residence card has been issued?

If yes, she can apply for a Daueraufenthaltskarte = PR.

If not, she can apply for another Aufenthaltskarte and then apply for PR once the five years of your exercising treaty rights are completed.

If she fulfills the requirements (German language skills, no public funds, etc.) she could probably also apply for an indefinite residence permit under German domestic law, best ask your local Ausländerbehörde about specific requirements.

She can apply for naturalisation after eight years of legal residence in Germany and passing the language and citizenship tests.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

yaakovnewman
Germany

Post by yaakovnewman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks for your kind reply.

Regards

yaakovnewman
Germany

Long term visa for parents (Non EU)

Post by yaakovnewman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi Everyone
I need some information regarding my parents long term visit visa from non EU country. They both are over 60 and financially dependent on me. I am a British Citizen working in Germany for last 2.5 years. Is there any clause in EU directives which can help me to call them here in and they can live with me permanently?

Thanks in advance