ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about surrender of passport of child to VFS

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

azorpheunt

Questions about surrender of passport of child to VFS

Post by azorpheunt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Hello,

I am planning to surrender my child's passport in person in a VFS centre.

I can see that one of the parents has the sign the application form and the declaration form. This is also seen from http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/faqs.html :
If I have filled out a Form for a Minor – who has to sign the application?

Applications for Minors (under the age of 16) must be signed for by the Parent or Guardian otherwise they cannot be accepted. In case of postal applications – the documents will be returned to the applicant if the signatures are missing. The parents are required to provide a consent letter along with the copy of the passport for the Minor child’s application.
Questions:

1. Do I need a consent letter from my wife to submit the surrender application if she (or the child) are not going to accompany me to the in person appointment ?

2. When booking an appointment online at http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/sched ... tment.html , I get the below. Should I book the appointment using my details or my child's (who will not be accompanying me)? The last point there says "Primary applicant will be parent applicant" .. does that imply "In case of minor(s)" ? :

3. Can I make the application alone? Are there any additional documents I need (such as the consent letter in #1 above) in this case?

Thank you very much!

azorpheunt

Re: Questions about surrender of passport of child to VFS

Post by azorpheunt » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Hello,

Any guidance around the above would be most appreciated. Can anyone help please?

Thanks!