ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MINIMUM WAGES HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 10/2016

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohsensari

MINIMUM WAGES HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 10/2016

Post by mohsensari » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Dear zimba,
strange thing this year minimum wages has been change twice. in October 21 to 24 years old hourly rate has been changed from 6.70 to 6.95 per hour.
I have an employee which start at 8/2016 with minimum wages 6.70 until now .
currently I found out for lost 4 months I have paid below minimum wages to him due this change.
Is there any problem ? how can I solve it?

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: MINIMUM WAGES HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 10/2016

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Normally accountants do send you the emails to update or while doing payrolls to rectify.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Following on from the introduction of the National Living Wage (NLW) in April 2016, new National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates must be applied from 1st October 2016. It is your responsibility to pay min wage to your employees as required by the law.

See: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 07460.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:05 pm

mohsensari wrote:Dear zimba,
strange thing this year minimum wages has been change twice. in October 21 to 24 years old hourly rate has been changed from 6.70 to 6.95 per hour.
I have an employee which start at 8/2016 with minimum wages 6.70 until now .
currently I found out for lost 4 months I have paid below minimum wages to him due this change.
Is there any problem ? how can I solve it?

if you haven't submitted the application to HO, you can resend your wage rate amended PAYE submissions with some late fines; I guess. Talk to your accountant.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Ask your accountant to re run your payroll with correct rates and there might be penalty payable to hmrc .At time generating payslips most of the software's will warn when you are under paying. Get the new payslips and pay the difference to employee . You will also need to new updates copy of FPS also .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46 pm

I really wish t1-ent was amended to be minimum double the min wage to weed out the non serious entrepreneurs. On this forum it seems so many are paying min wage. Then everyone wonders why the clamp down on t1-ent for ridiculous things instead of just an honest assement is the entrepreneur serious and bring real economic value to the UK. the whole point of this visa

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Seasky, you have been writing these kind of arrogant posts for a quite some time now. Please stop bragging about your tech startup. I'm a founder of a tech startup myself and was chosen among 80 people by my university. Majority of new jobs created in the UK are minimum wage jobs and there is nothing wrong with that. Minimum wage is both legal and ethical. Also, number of minimum wage jobs is estimated to double by 2020. Don't forget that many businesses pay business rates, VAT, corporation tax, employee's national insurance and their wages. By your standard, Mcdonalds and Sports Direct which are making hundreds of millions of pounds each year, are not genuine businesses.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Seasky for your kind information till today UKVi have not rejected anyone on legal minimum wages, but HMRC fined Argos for not giving legal minimum wages.
There is no genuineness related to high wages
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Ali272 wrote:Seasky, you have been writing these kind of arrogant posts for a quite some time now. Please stop bragging about your tech startup. I'm a founder of a tech startup myself and was chosen among 80 people by my university. Majority of new jobs created in the UK are minimum wage jobs and there is nothing wrong with that. Minimum wage is both legal and ethical. Also, number of minimum wage jobs is estimated to double by 2020. Don't forget that many businesses pay business rates, VAT, corporation tax, employee's national insurance and their wages. By your standard, Mcdonalds and Sports Direct which are making hundreds of millions of pounds each year, are not genuine businesses.
1. I gain from this forum and as such take a point to contribute back (on stuff I know) and believe I am a reasonable contributor. I don't own this BB and do not hence set the threshold of who is and who is not helped. I have never not helped someone for disdain to how they are abusing the t1 ent route. I would suggest the forums owners to think about a threshold though
2. To think bragging on an -anonymous- BB is of value to one's ego is pathetic. (BTW I am actually a billionaire, 312 IQ, and a fashion model)
3. t1 ent is thoroughly abused is a fact. We see it in the MAC report and we see it clearly on this forum. Wonder why all these min wage jobs last 'exactly' one year each? Do you think the intent was to start a sustainable business? Or maybe do the absolute min to stay in the UK and they are too losers to get a job at the right threshold or find any other route?
4. Good t1 Entrepreneurs (however one defines good) are definitely penalized by the many losers. This was supposed to be a high value immigration route. Fast turnaround of decisions (do you realize that a real entrepreneur that needs to fly often abroad and cannot because HO take 6M+ to respond can lose his business because of the fake corner shop guys?). Looking at the big picture not unimportant details (so if someone forgot to sign next to some line on some account they call him/her to fix it not decline his whole visa). They could have a discretion commitee ("you are a strong entrepreneur so we won't throw you out of the country because your maintenence funds went under the limit for a day because you forgot a standing order linked to that bank account")
5. I realise society does need min wage jobs. But does it need immigrants to come over to make them? Isn't the real value of highly skilled immigrants somewhere else? I don't set UK immigration policy but t1 ent is a mess (I spent months preparing for my extension, time better growing my business don't you think?)
6. Glad you are a tech company founder. it is very satisfying.

schahzeb

Post by schahzeb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:42 am

Wow!! people like these do still exist :shock: I can literally reply to each and every point raised but that would be a waste of my time and of course yours being billionaire, 312 IQ, and a fashion model oh but then i wonder any of the three would have luxury of wasting efforts to rant in here. I am sure there will always be extra pennies to make, more knowledge to gain and a photographer waiting for you for a shoot?

seasky wrote:
Ali272 wrote:Seasky, you have been writing these kind of arrogant posts for a quite some time now. Please stop bragging about your tech startup. I'm a founder of a tech startup myself and was chosen among 80 people by my university. Majority of new jobs created in the UK are minimum wage jobs and there is nothing wrong with that. Minimum wage is both legal and ethical. Also, number of minimum wage jobs is estimated to double by 2020. Don't forget that many businesses pay business rates, VAT, corporation tax, employee's national insurance and their wages. By your standard, Mcdonalds and Sports Direct which are making hundreds of millions of pounds each year, are not genuine businesses.
1. I gain from this forum and as such take a point to contribute back (on stuff I know) and believe I am a reasonable contributor. I don't own this BB and do not hence set the threshold of who is and who is not helped. I have never not helped someone for disdain to how they are abusing the t1 ent route. I would suggest the forums owners to think about a threshold though
2. To think bragging on an -anonymous- BB is of value to one's ego is pathetic. (BTW I am actually a billionaire, 312 IQ, and a fashion model)
3. t1 ent is thoroughly abused is a fact. We see it in the MAC report and we see it clearly on this forum. Wonder why all these min wage jobs last 'exactly' one year each? Do you think the intent was to start a sustainable business? Or maybe do the absolute min to stay in the UK and they are too losers to get a job at the right threshold or find any other route?
4. Good t1 Entrepreneurs (however one defines good) are definitely penalized by the many losers. This was supposed to be a high value immigration route. Fast turnaround of decisions (do you realize that a real entrepreneur that needs to fly often abroad and cannot because HO take 6M+ to respond can lose his business because of the bad quality corner shop guys?). Looking at the big picture not unimportant details (so if someone forgot to sign next to some line on some account they call him/her to fix it not decline his whole visa). They could have a discretion commitee ("you are a strong entrepreneur so we won't throw you out of the country because your maintenence funds went under the limit for a day because you forgot a standing order linked to that bank account")
5. I realise society does need min wage jobs. But does it need immigrants to come over to make them? Isn't the real value of highly skilled immigrants somewhere else? I don't set UK immigration policy but t1 ent is a mess (I spent months preparing for my extension, time better growing my business don't you think?)
6. Glad you are a tech company founder. it is very satisfying.