ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Needed for Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier1enterpreneur

Urgent Help Needed for Extension

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Hello Members.
I m likely to apply tomorrow.
My current visa expires in about 10 days.

Few questions.

1.) My initial application was refused in 2013 and all my appeal rights had been exhausted and so was my visa. so made a fresh application within the 28 days and it was approved in March 2014. Will this count as an overstayed as there is a question in the application where I need to state if I stayed over my expiry date of the visa.

2.) They need account compilation report. My accountants software names this just as Accountants Report. Is this going to be ok.

3.) Accountant has signed the accountants report but there is no date. that is the only place where he has signed and his firms details are mentioned. is that ok ?

4.) The date of the accounts only show on Directors report as Date approved 00/00/0000 and on Balance sheet it says Date Approved by Board and signed by me on behalf of board of directors ( I am the sole director.)

5.) are there any specific places where I need to sign on Unaudited Accounts / Payslips, Employee passports copies n BRP. Please let me know where all should I make sure it is stamped and signed by me.

6.) What is your take on sending invoices, Business contracts and Employee Contracts. I know its said lot of times here that is not the requirement but just need you opinion if I should submit it or not.

Thanks in advance
Please let me know soon so I can start accumulating the documents to be sent off tomorrow.

Thanks.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Help Needed for Extension

Post by sm12 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:17 pm

tier1enterpreneur wrote:Hello Members.

Few questions.

1.) My initial application was refused in 2013 and all my appeal rights had been exhausted and so was my visa. so made a fresh application within the 28 days and it was approved in March 2014. Will this count as an overstayed as there is a question in the application where I need to state if I stayed over my expiry date of the visa. Yes, but I think there is space available to explain the overstaying. You can also explain this in your cover letter.

2.) They need account compilation report. My accountants software names this just as Accountants Report. Is this going to be ok. Yes.

3.) Accountant has signed the accountants report but there is no date. that is the only place where he has signed and his firms details are mentioned. is that ok ? As long as the accounts are dated, I don't think it's a problem.

4.) The date of the accounts only show on Directors report as Date approved 00/00/0000 and on Balance sheet it says Date Approved by Board and signed by me on behalf of board of directors ( I am the sole director.) Should be fine.

5.) are there any specific places where I need to sign on Unaudited Accounts / Payslips, Employee passports copies n BRP. Please let me know where all should I make sure it is stamped and signed by me.
Some members signed all the copies of payslips, passports, etc. You can sign and date them. In your accounts, you should sign the balance sheet as correct and also sign the director's report.
6.) What is your take on sending invoices, Business contracts and Employee Contracts. I know its said lot of times here that is not the requirement but just need you opinion if I should submit it or not.
It is up to you. It is optional as you said so yourself.
Thanks in advance
Please let me know soon so I can start accumulating the documents to be sent off tomorrow.

Thanks.

tier1enterpreneur

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks a lot for your response.
About the space you mention it is only when I say I overstayed then that space to explain why but not sure if I actually over stayed or not as I applied within 28 days a little confused.
Other please advise on my question as well.
I already have signatures on directors report n balance sheet.
Looks like I am ready apart from last minute organsing.... phew what a journey.
Please all reading keep me in your prayers and hopefully my application is successful soon rather than forever.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:30 pm

I think that yes, you are considered an overstayer but that the overstaying period will be disregarded when it is under 28 days.
Hopefully, others will share their views soon.

Best of luck and hope you succeed!

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 pm

tier1enterpreneur wrote:Hello Members.

Few questions.

1.) My initial application was refused in 2013 and all my appeal rights had been exhausted and so was my visa. so made a fresh application within the 28 days and it was approved in March 2014. Will this count as an overstayed as there is a question in the application where I need to state if I stayed over my expiry date of the visa.

I DONT THINK YOU WERE OVERSTAYER AS LONG AS YOU APPLIED WITHIN 28DAYS AND GOT VISA. HOWEVER SENIORS CAN TELL BETTER
2.) They need account compilation report. My accountants software names this just as Accountants Report. Is this going to be ok.

YES. THIS IS ACCOUNT COMPILATION REPORT
3.) Accountant has signed the accountants report but there is no date. that is the only place where he has signed and his firms details are mentioned. is that ok ?
YES THERE WAS NO DATE WHICH IS FINE

4.) The date of the accounts only show on Directors report as Date approved 00/00/0000 and on Balance sheet it says Date Approved by Board and signed by me on behalf of board of directors ( I am the sole director.)
THIS IS FINE

I DID SIGN AT BOTTOM OF EVERY PAYSLIP, PASSPORT ETC

YOU CAN ENCLOSE THEM IN EXTRA DOCUMENTS LIST
Thanks in advance

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Yes, but it is not important and will be discarded. Just explain it in the box
See if it similar to this: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1291119
It is good
See: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1456316
My opinion has not changed on it. Do not send extra stuff
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier1enterpreneur

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 am

Hello Zimba. Thanks for your reply but you have directed me to Directors Loan for my second question when it is in regards to Accountants compilation report. It is just known as Accountants report on his software is that ok.

Also do I need to provide business bank statements if so how many months or years ?

Also CT600 I only have for the year 2014
I have requested my accountant for 2015 and 2016 but if I do not get it in time is it ok just to submit for one year ?

Business insurance only submitting it for current year is that ok ?

Also in the cover letter according to you what should be included ? Anything specific ?

Thanks to others too who have replied.

Wish me luck applying today
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:26 am

tier1enterpreneur wrote:Hello Zimba. Thanks for your reply but you have directed me to Directors Loan for my second question when it is in regards to Accountants compilation report. It is just known as Accountants report on his software is that ok.
I directed you to a specific post of mine in a thread where I showed what the compilation report is. Did you look properly !!?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1291119
Also do I need to provide business bank statements if so how many months or years ?
Just the last statement showing you have a business bank account

Also CT600 I only have for the year 2014
I have requested my accountant for 2015 and 2016 but if I do not get it in time is it ok just to submit for one year ?
yes
Not required
Also in the cover letter according to you what should be included ? Anything specific ?
If you case is complex explain the details, otherwise no need for a covering letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Not required

Hi Zimba , I hope you are well, my question is regarding Business Insurance , as you answered above that it's not required but i was going through guidance and it says on the page no 45 of recent policy guidence as follows.
"Genuine Entrepreneur Test – Extension Application
if the nature of the business requires mandatory accreditation, registration and/or insurance, whether that accreditation, registration and/or insurance has been obtained; and
• any other relevant information."
i do have Business insurance ( professional indemnity and Employer's Liability) but it only started from Feb 2016 and been renewed in Feb 2017, as i have been trading since my company incorporated and got my visa in April 2014 and i hired employees in April 2015 but insurance only started in feb 2016, and the insurance paper from feb 2016 says Inception date of Insurance and papers from Feb 2017 says renewal date of the insurance.
will there be any problem for not having insurance in place since i got my visa or since i hired employees.
do i need to submit only the latest insurance papers which are renewed ones from feb 2017 to feb 2018 or all from previous years as well.
kindly clarify
thanks and Regards.
Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm

Insurance is NOT A REQUIRED DOCUMENT, you do NOT need to send anything.
You are simply required by the law to have Employer's Liability insurance as an employer.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:49 am

zimba88 wrote:Insurance is NOT A REQUIRED DOCUMENT, you do NOT need to send anything.
You are simply required by the law to have Employer's Liability insurance as an employer.
Thanks for Answering, but yes that's what my concern is, i have employer's liability since feb 2016 but employees started working from April 2015, will there be problem, i have renewed employer's liability as well from Feb 2017-2018, shall i send for both the years or just the renewed ones as the last year one shows the inception date of the insurance and employer's liability but current one only shows the renewed dates.
thanks
Atif