ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on accounts

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amz

T1 Entrepreneurship Extension - Accountants Letters

Post by Amz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Immigration Board Questions

Hi All

I have a few questions, i am sorry to bug you guys with so many questions but it would really help me in my application which is due in 1st week of April 2017.

Question 1:
I have had 2 accountants in past 3 years during my Tier 1 initial Leave.

I am now applying for an extension, I would like to know the accountant's letters like £50,000 Investment and 2 Full Time Job creations and Accountant's Compilation Reports. Do i attached the letters from both accountants covering the period they were hired by me or do I just send all the letters from current accountant.

A. In case i Need to use letters from 2 accountants, do i get the dates on the letters from 1st account the same when I left the first accountant or can it be the date at the time of my application.

B. Director's loan Agreement, Does it need to have the accountants signatures or not and the date on Director's Loan agreement, should be the date I am applying for my application or the date before I invested the money into my business account.

C. I created 3 full time employments so the the RTI's have information for 3 employments, I can only claim points for 2 employments so what would you suggest if I send the Pay slips and all other employment records for the 3rd employee as well or for just the 2 I am claiming the points for ?

Question 2:

On the application form it says the date you first started to submit the RTI, what date that would be, Do I put any date from month I submitted my first RTI ?

Question 3:

I had employees starting in my 2nd year or accounting period, Do i submit the RTI's for 1st year as well (I was the only employee of my company as a Director and I cannot claim points for that).

zimba
Mood:

Re: T1 Entrepreneurship Extension - Accountants Letters

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm

1. Accountant letter require ONLY if you joined or taken over a business. Other than that, the accountant's letter has no value.
2. First month you started submitting payroll via RTI, ask your accountant
3. Yes, just submit only the RTI information for the period you are claiming points for
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

msree
Newly Registered

Post by msree » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi

Need help please
If we have two accountants, do we need any document for that
Else last two years documents signed by first
Accountant and the last year documents signed by new Accountant is sufficient?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:14 pm

msree wrote:Hi

Need help please
If we have two accountants, do we need any document for that
Else last two years documents signed by first
Accountant and the last year documents signed by new Accountant is sufficient?
No but the accountants must be regulated as per guide and rules.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Amz

Post by Amz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:48 am

Hi Zimba

Well When you say the accountants must be regulated, what does that mean, My Previous accountants says he does have ACCA certification with a Registration Number but if I check the name of his firm on accaglobal.com -> Find accountancy firm , the name of the firm is not there. Does that mean any letters from him (with the letter head of his firm) will not be valid letters ?

My Current Accountant is also ACCA Certified with a Valid Certificate and His firm's name is also on accaglobal.com -> find accountancy firm.

Do you recon my previous accountants letters will not be valid because his firm's name is not on ACCA website although he does have a valid accountant ACCA Certificate for himself.

*** Do you think I can use my current accountant's letters for the entire duration of last 3 years although he started working for me from August 2016.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 am

NO letter required.
They simply must be regulated and registered as REQUIRED IN THE GUIDE. It is your job to confirm with them that they have the required certification. Any documents produced by accountants that are not certified as per rules will not be accepted.
You can submit only the last year accounts showing full investment, if produced by a regulated accountant

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:33 pm

zimba88 wrote:NO letter required.
They simply must be regulated and registered as REQUIRED IN THE GUIDE. It is your job to confirm with them that they have the required certification. Any documents produced by accountants that are not certified as per rules will not be accepted.
You can submit only the last year accounts showing full investment, if produced by a regulated accountant
Sorry mate, I might need some schooling again!

It's clear that the accountant must have the practicing certificate and member of one of the required bodies but how would UKVI would know if they are. What I am trying to ask here is do we have to mention their registration/practicing details which is only required in the letter verifying new posts have been created (which is if only if someone had joined or overtaken existing business) so for someone who has established new business, what is one providing (apart from financial accounts) if anything?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:46 pm

so for someone who has established new business, what is one providing (apart from financial accounts) if anything?
Nothing. You follow the rules and send documents as required. You leave the checks to them :?

Amz

RTI Start Day Issue

Post by Amz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:47 am

Hi

I wanted to ask, Since i Changed my accountants (My previous accountant was messing up). I have a problem which I cannot amend in HMRC records. One of my employees started on 20th April 2015 and the other Employee Started on 21st May 2015. I dont know what my previous accountant did (maybe late submissions of RTI to HMRC i dont know since he has been lying to me). The start days of 20th April 2015 for Employee A appears in April and May 2015 RTIs and the start date of 21st May 2015 for Employee B appears in May and June 2015 RTIs.

the figures in RTI's do match HMRC records. Do you think this will be a problem when the RTI's are sent to home office ?

Also i had another Employee C who started on 1st April 2015, her name is not mentioned in the RTI. Since my accountant used to pay Employee A & B on 1st of every month and Employee C on 6th of every month, 6th of every month means technically its a new month since months run from 6th to 5th of next month. This leads to confusion since Employee C left on 6th August 2016 and the salary is paid in full for July (thats July Salary) but RTIs says thats August salary .

Do i have to submit Employee C documents as job creation evidence of Employee A and B would be sufficient (Since they both fulfill requirements for job creation).

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:54 am

Hi All

I have been to an Immigration Lawyer Yesterday and he somewhat answered my queries regarding accountants.

1. I was told that in case a person had 2 accountants, The letters can be provided by current accountant only and the current accountant can mention in a cover letter when he took over your business accounts, and that he has verified previous accounts (If made by previous accountant) and In terms of any discrepancies he can mention them and let the Home Office know that the discrepancies have been rectified.

I am all in for current accountant's letter and that he can verify that he is a registered accountant and he has verified previous accounts and job creations and 50K investment etc.

I am not too sure if we should be letting Home Office know about any discrepancies etc. Its for them to check. As long as HMRC have nothing outstanding, I personally don't think there would be a problem.

2. I was also told that we don't have to attach any accountant practicing certificate. All we need to do is to provide the accountant with his Registration number (In my case ACCA Registration Number) and its for Home Office to verify if the accountant is regulated or not by ACCA. In case of false statement by accountant Home Office will but the accountant for accountability.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 pm

I think all they need is the regulated accountant's licenced practice address, if they want to verify they can do that from there. No need to send practice certificate or accountant's registration number any extra info.
Amz wrote:Hi All

I have been to an Immigration Lawyer Yesterday and he somewhat answered my queries regarding accountants.

1. I was told that in case a person had 2 accountants, The letters can be provided by current accountant only and the current accountant can mention in a cover letter when he took over your business accounts, and that he has verified previous accounts (If made by previous accountant) and In terms of any discrepancies he can mention them and let the Home Office know that the discrepancies have been rectified.

I am all in for current accountant's letter and that he can verify that he is a registered accountant and he has verified previous accounts and job creations and 50K investment etc.

I am not too sure if we should be letting Home Office know about any discrepancies etc. Its for them to check. As long as HMRC have nothing outstanding, I personally don't think there would be a problem.

2. I was also told that we don't have to attach any accountant practicing certificate. All we need to do is to provide the accountant with his Registration number (In my case ACCA Registration Number) and its for Home Office to verify if the accountant is regulated or not by ACCA. In case of false statement by accountant Home Office will but the accountant for accountability.

Amz

Confusion on accounts

Post by Amz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:03 pm

I have a tricky problem.

My Accountant has meesed up big time. My full accounts for first year do not included accountant's report on HMRC submission accounts. I pulled that information today and although the balance sheet says I loaned some amount XXX to business, the financial notes at the end says the director (Mr. XYZ) receiving advance or credits of amount XXX.

that means the company has loaned me XXX amount of money whereas the balance sheet says i loaned company XXX amount of money and the CT600 says the same.

The .pdf account full accounts my previous accountant sent me says The direcotor loaned XXX amount of money which is fine but what he submitted to HMRC had different notes.

My 2nd and 3rd Year accounts are fine.

What do you suggest I should do, Do i re-submit the 2014-15 year accounts by my new accountant in which case the accounts submission date would change or do I stick to the .pdf my previous accountant gave me for 1st year accounts alongwith 2nd and 3rd year accounts ?

Amz

Re: Confusion on accounts

Post by Amz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:53 am

Hi Zimba

I am hoping if you could help me decide on something. One of my employees date of birth was mentioned incorrect (original d.o.b is 28-05-1983) whereas the d.o.b in HMRC records and P45 is 25-05-1983. Now this is a mistake on my accountant's behalf and on Speaking with HMRC they told me it can me amended in current year 2016-17 and not in previous year records i.e. 2015-16. They advised me I should mention this in my cover letter to Home Office.

1. Do you advise if I should mention this on my cover letter ?
2. Do you think I should skip sending the P45 for that employee which contains the D.O.B there is no other govt document with D.o.B on it and I am told that P45 is nota requirement according to extension guidelines published in November 2016.

Please help me sort this out.

Regards

Amz

Re: Call for an Interview from HO

Post by Amz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:46 am

Just to update March 2017 applicants, I received a call yesterday from Home Office Immigration Department.

Timeline:
Application Post: 25th March 2017
Application Received: 27th March 2017
Application Fee Deduction: 28th March 2017
Biometric Letter Received: 28th April 2017
Biometric Given @ Post Office: 29th April 2017
Complex Issues Letter: 12th May 2017
Ho Immigrations Call for Interview: 25th October 2017

They said they will come to my office for an interview on 3rd November 2017 (Friday).

I will update everyone once i have the interview conducted.

Regards

Amz

Re: Interview Conducted

Post by Amz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:29 am

Hi All

My interview was conducted last week, the Compliance Office came to my business address and the interview lasted for 1 hour & 15 mins. It was pretty much straight forward. They focused mainly on employees & my research conducted before setting up the business etc.

Nothing was asked about the accounts, profits or losses , Tax Returns etc nothing at all. There were 47 questions asked which were already written down by them and there were no further questions asked from my answers.

I hope all who are waiting get their visas soon including me :)