ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Plans

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umair2017

Travel Plans

Post by umair2017 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi guys,

I have got my visa extension last month and have plan to travel to home. Last time I had a terrible experience at Heathrow Airport on the way back and have to be questioned for few hours about my business. However it was all cleared.

Please can anyone tell me what is the easiest way to come back to UK i mean which airport? Heathrow is the major airport and I understand they are very strict.

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Travel Plans

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 pm

There is no such thing as easy border. If you cannot answer basic questions at the border, then you have a bigger problem to fix.
As a Tier 1E high skilled migrant, you are expected to be able to communicate effectively & clearly your business activity and prove you are genuinely running a business.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Star101

Post by Star101 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:55 pm

umair2017 wrote:Hi guys,

I have got my visa extension last month and have plan to travel to home. Last time I had a terrible experience at Heathrow Airport on the way back and have to be questioned for few hours about my business. However it was all cleared.

Please can anyone tell me what is the easiest way to come back to UK i mean which airport? Heathrow is the major airport and I understand they are very strict.

thanks
i advice you do not come from heathrow airport please
specially terminal 4
come to brimingham, gatwick airport .... and not even manchester airport .
play safe . people sitting heathrow specially on terminal are crazy now a days
or you can come to terminal 5 not even terminal 2, 3

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 am

The scaremongering regrading big airports is pretty much nonsensical :!: Legal residents fly in from all around the world to these hubs without any problem everyday. The problems reported at the airports are usually due to inability to communicate clearly with the officers, poor language skills or arrogant behaviour.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am

I am often asked what I do and have not seen it any different at many points of entry. Probably boils down to the border officer and his/her mood of the moment

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 pm

I recently came back from my home country from Manchester air port with my family (went for two months almost), the officer asked me standard questions and then asked us to wait. He left his desk and went inside with our documents and came back after 10 min. Then asked us for fingerprints and stamp the passport.

The only questions which he asked were, what is business turn over, what you do, what kind of business is it and has my application refused before.

I think as long as you communicate properly there has to be no issue, some time it depends if the officer is not in good mood and gives very tough time. Be confident and knows what you are doing.