ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accounts preparation and application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sm12
Diamond Member

Accounts preparation and application

Post by sm12 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:35 pm

My brother applied for his Tier 1 Entrepreneur in 2012 and he is due to apply for his ILR this year.

Is it necessary to get accounts prepared as per the format required by HO and submit them with the application again at the time of ILR to show that the investment is still in the business?

Also, can Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants only apply by post? I think there is a way to fast-track postal applications, but I believe that is not available for Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants?

Lastly, if the business is in loss, can this lead to refusal on the basis that HO thinks that there is a risk that you might use public funds?

Thank you for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Accounts preparation and application

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Is it necessary to get accounts prepared as per the format required by HO and submit them with the application again at the time of ILR to show that the investment is still in the business?
No, it is not required
Also, can Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants only apply by post? I think there is a way to fast-track postal applications, but I believe that is not available for Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants?
Tier 1E five year ILR currently can be done only via post
Lastly, if the business is in loss, can this lead to refusal on the basis that HO thinks that there is a risk that you might use public funds?
Not really, you can choose to show any income or savings you have to prove you will not be a risk
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank you for your reply, Zimba.

Do you think that it would still be advisable to submit the accounts for the accounting year ending just before the application for genuine entrepreneur test purposes, even though it is not mandatory to do so?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:55 pm

No, you get the investment points automatically
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Thank you, Zimba.