ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Automatic ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

clarky500

Post by clarky500 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:57 pm

Am I being thick over this or does it seem ambiguous to everybody, all of the other visas I have seen state clearly the type of visa etc

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Mistakes are possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:27 am

clarky500 wrote:Am I being thick over this or does it seem ambiguous to everybody, all of the other visas I have seen state clearly the type of visa etc
Excuse me but you can't even tell us what visa you applied for? So we are all trying to being helpful and you are not even giving us how it started. You keep trying to make it an ILE because that would be the preferred outcome but you have to know what you applied for? Do you not have a copy of your application? I mean cmon man, help yourself. Abd then you have the nerve to become argumentative and say at the time the visa only needed 2 years. Yeah? How do you know. You dont even know what visa you applied for
Just to close this off because I think it is getting ridicoulous this back and forth==I'd go with Victoria's assessment, as I wasn't aware of this kind of settlement visa that is not ILE or ILR

clarky500

Post by clarky500 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:55 am

Syh, sorry for my ignorance, I didn't understand the difference between ILE and ILR, the visa was issued abroad so ILR was the wrong term to use. I got confused because of the need to apply for ILR. The visa that my wife applied for was a settlement visa.
I didn't mean to be argumentative, sorry, it is just so confusing when the BIA are telling me different things and can't tell me what visa it is, and the visa is ambiguous because it doesn't say whether it is ILE or not.
It is obviously a very important thing for us so I am more than a little worried.

clarky500

Post by clarky500 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:05 am

Syh, If you would like to see the visa for yourself I can send you a scan

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:28 am

clarky500 wrote:Syh, If you would like to see the visa for yourself I can send you a scan
No I don't want to see it.
What form did you use to apply for settlement?

clarky500

Post by clarky500 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:12 pm

VAF 2 I believe, I can check when I get home

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 pm

clarky500 wrote:VAF 2 I believe, I can check when I get home
PROBABLY Its VAF4 and which means she does not have ile/ilr.
Just look at the website and you can figure it out for yourself.

clarky500

Post by clarky500 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Syh,
Just checked, the form was Settlement Form (VAF 2 2004), is this good news?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:47 pm

clarky500 wrote:Syh,
Just checked, the form was Settlement Form (VAF 2 2004), is this good news?
No and stop being silly, check it in reference to the current form versions.

clarky500

Success!!!

Post by clarky500 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:42 am

My wife went to her appointment at the PEO in Solihull, where the staff were equally confused by her visa, 3 people looked at it and all said that it was confusing because the visa was valid for 2 years and not either 6 months or to the expiry date of the passport but they thought that my wife had ILE status There was a problem with the computer system so they couldn't check. They suggested that we had to send the passport and a covering letter requesting clarification to their offices in Durham.

We got a letter back today confirming that a settlement visa was issued with ILE so no further action was necessary.

I'd like to thank all of the helpful people who gave me advice on this matter, as for the others, perhaps you should consider that people use forums like this one to ask for advice and to find out information. If they question your answers it is not argumentative, just adult discussion. After all if they know all of the answers they wouldn't need to ask in the first place!

Thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:37 am

Great news! Keep the ILE confirmation letter safe and make copies of it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

clarky500

Post by clarky500 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 am

Already done it !!!! :lol:

SYH
BANNED

Re: Success!!!

Post by SYH » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:08 pm

clarky500 wrote:My wife went to her appointment at the PEO in Solihull, where the staff were equally confused by her visa, 3 people looked at it and all said that it was confusing because the visa was valid for 2 years and not either 6 months or to the expiry date of the passport but they thought that my wife had ILE status There was a problem with the computer system so they couldn't check. They suggested that we had to send the passport and a covering letter requesting clarification to their offices in Durham.

We got a letter back today confirming that a settlement visa was issued with ILE so no further action was necessary.

I'd like to thank all of the helpful people who gave me advice on this matter, as for the others, perhaps you should consider that people use forums like this one to ask for advice and to find out information. If they question your answers it is not argumentative, just adult discussion. After all if they know all of the answers they wouldn't need to ask in the first place!

Thanks again.
First congrats
Second, next time know what you applied for so people can help you properly.
Third, stop being so condescending by telling us what the forum is for, you didn't provide good info and you have to take responsibility for yourself.