ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application before Naturalization ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ldee
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Passport application before Naturalization ceremony

Post by Ldee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi,
I have a general question regards passport application during the naturalisation waiting process.I'm still waiting for a decision upon my application but I have noticed many people on the naturalisation waiting times forum,some have applied for passports days before they sent their naturalisation application forms.
I thought you can only apply for your passport after the your naturalisation has been acknowledged and ceremony attended. Please advise and shed a bit of light unless I'm in the wrong.

regards....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport application before Naturalization ceremony

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:42 pm

There is a Joint Citizenship and Passport scheme (JCAP) offered by Nationality Checking Service at the Council, where you submit the application for both at the same time.

Passport is still only issued after you attend the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ldee
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Ldee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:51 pm

CR001 wrote:There is a Joint Citizenship and Passport scheme (JCAP) offered by Nationality Checking Service at the Council, where you submit the application for both at the same time.

Passport is still only issued after you attend the ceremony.
Thanks for the prompt reply I really appreciate, I wasn't aware of the (JCAP) offered by NCS. So are there any chances I can apply it personally now online or esquire with NCS at the council,or I Just have to wait until I'm acknowledged and approved to attend the ceremony? ..Cheers

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Too late now. You'll have to wait to apply for your passport after the ceremony and attend an interview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.