ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident card as Unmarried Partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angeldulce
inactive

Resident card as Unmarried Partner

Post by angeldulce » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Please i have question about moving to uk to join my girlfriend and my daughter, i am an african, living on permanent residence permit in spain.
My girlfriend is Polish and my daughter has Polish and USA nationality (Born in USA).
We are not married but we have been living together on same address since January 2014, in spain.

The problem is i don't know if i can apply for residence permit in UK base on our relationship or if i can apply with my daughter as EEA family.

Can you please give me advice on this issue and tell me what exactly i would have to do.

Hope to hear from you asap,

Thank you

John

kamoe

Re: Resident card as Unmarried Partner

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 pm

You can only apply for a Residence Card within the UK.
Outside of the UK, you could apply for a Family Permit, provided your EU sponsor (your girlfriend) is or is intending to, exercise treaty rights in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eligibility

Unmarried partners can apply as Extended Family Members.
Children can apply as Family Members (providing all relevant documentation, such as birth certifficates and or DNA tests is supplied as applicable).

The Family permit is valid for 6 months, and is purpose is to allow entry into the UK. Once in the UK, Family Permit holders should seek to apply for a Residence Card.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

marsimax
Newly Registered

EEA UNMARRIED PARTNER TO SETTLE WITH FAMILY IN U.K

Post by marsimax » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello my name is John,
I have some issues that i hope some one can give me good advice on.

I want to join my girlfriend and my daughter in U.K, i am Nigerian living on permanent residence permit in spain, I already have 6months visit visa to U.K.

My girlfriend is Polish and my daughter has Polish and USA nationality (Born in USA).
We are not married but we have been living together on same address since January 2015, in spain.

The problem is i don't know if i can apply for residence permit in UK base on our relationship as UNMARRIED PARTNER or if i can apply with my daughter as EEA FAMILY MEMBER.

Which is the easiest route to go about?

Hope to get good advice

Thank you

John

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA UNMARRIED PARTNER TO SETTLE WITH FAMILY IN U.K

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Why have you registered a new username and posted the same question again as another user?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member ... lce/posts/

Multiple user ID's are NOT permitted. Suggest decide which one you want to keep and the other one will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marsimax
Newly Registered

Re: EEA UNMARRIED PARTNER TO SETTLE WITH FAMILY IN U.K

Post by marsimax » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:18 pm

be cause i couldn't access my account and couldn't retrieve my password.

i'll keep marsimax account please.

thank you

marsimax
Newly Registered

Post by marsimax » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks for your comment on my post with "angeldulce", but please i still have another question.

Right now i have standard visitor's visa to uk, do i need to apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT, through my daughter or through my partner? or just go to uk and apply for residence card?

The proves i have for our 2years relationships (UNMARRIED COUPLE) are, our child birth certificate, address on same house as well as all our post, pictures and letter from parents that back our relationship up.

The proves i have as EEA PARENT are, birth certificate of our child, address on same house and pictures

What do you think is easier to do, or faster to process.

Thanks once again,

marsimax
Newly Registered

Post by marsimax » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks for your comment on my post with "angeldulce", but please i still have another question.

Right now i have standard visitor's visa to uk, do i need to apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT, through my daughter or through my partner? or just go to uk and apply for residence card?

The proves i have for our 2years relationships (UNMARRIED COUPLE) are, our child birth certificate, address on same house as well as all our post, pictures and letter from parents that back our relationship up.

The proves i have as EEA PARENT are, birth certificate of our child, address on same house and pictures

What do you think is easier to do, or faster to process.

Thanks once again,