ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Polish national with WRS but no CSI requires PR via British

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused06
Newly Registered

Polish national with WRS but no CSI requires PR via British

Post by confused06 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:08 am

Dear Immigration Board support forum,

I am considering applying for PR via family member of (EEA)-British husband as part of my British passport application.
I think I qualify because we have been married since 2011 (6 years) and have daughter born 2013, never left UK apart from short Easter holiday (4 days).
However, I am not sure if by going this root I will still need to prove that I had CSI cover while unemployed or at University?
I entered UK in 2006 and had various short term employment till 2008. In 2008, I worked for continues period of 1 year and 6 months and hold WRS for that employment (not sure if that helps).
Whiles at University I did not have RC or CSI (period of 5 year and 6 months since Sept 2008), I also had work placement during University (8 months in 2011) and completed teacher training last year (Sep 2015-July 2016 -10 months).

I think I eligible because:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... dence-card
Eligibility
You’re eligible if both:
• you’ve lived with your European Economic Area (EEA) family member in the UK for a continuous 5-year period
• your EEA family member has been a ‘qualified person’ throughout the 5 years or has a permanent right of residence”

However, perhaps I do not need PR for apply to become British citizen? As on this web it says, “permanent residence card or document that shows you have permeant residence”- isn’t my Polish passport such document under the current EU law? Or maybe there is another document that would not require CSI?

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... sh-citizen
“ you’ve been granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (this means there’s no specific date that you have to leave) or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national (and you have a permanent residence card or document that shows you have permanent residence)”
I wish to return to work now as my daughter is getting ready to start school in September but I am very worried about my future employment rights in UK.
Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

confused06
Newly Registered

Re: Polish national with WRS but no CSI requires PR via Brit

Post by confused06 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am

Additional information about my husband for dependent on partner/sponsor root as part of process leading to British passport application.
About my partner /sponsor (husband) -British nationality working continuously since August 2012, prior to that full time student.
Hope this helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:53 am

To apply for citizenship, you must have a document certifying PR to prove you have had 5 years of exercising treaty rights.

You cannot apply for PR based on your British spouse as he is not considered an EU citizen in the UK for the purpose of PR and you do not have leave to remain under the UK immigration rules to qualify for ILR as spouse of BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confused06
Newly Registered

Post by confused06 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Thank you very much for your time clarifying this.