ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI query regarding EEA PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dihanhan
Newly Registered

CSI query regarding EEA PR

Post by Dihanhan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello. I would like to ask a question regarding CSI (comprehensive sickness insurance) urgently.

I am a non-EEA national and my boyfriend is French. We plan to apply for EEA EFM RC (for me) and EEA PR (for him) together. My boyfriend has been living in the UK since 09/2009. He was studying until 09/2014 and working full time since then. When he was a student, he didn't have EHIC nor private insurance. However, he was covered by the French NHS (CPAM) and he has required a formal attestation letter, stamped and signed by a branch director, to attest of cover during the relevant period 2009 - 2014. The letter does not mention anything about providing cover in the UK, although that was the case (NHS had the ability to claim, through him, reimbursement from the CPAM).

So we want to ask do you think this letter will be fine to replace EHIC?

Thanks for reading!! We will really appreciate your time if anybody can give some advice since we plan to apply next week.

michaelhighland
Newly Registered

Re: CSI query regarding EEA PR

Post by michaelhighland » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 am

Hi,

Did you ever get a response or find a forum to discuss your inquiry? I have a few queries in relation to EU nationals who are married to British citizens.

Dihanhan
Newly Registered

Post by Dihanhan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:51 pm

michaelhighland wrote:Hi,

Did you ever get a response or find a forum to discuss your inquiry? I have a few queries in relation to EU nationals who are married to British citizens.
Hi, we've send email asking the French NHS directly and are still waiting for their response. Couldn't find any related information online.

martinaj
Newly Registered

Post by martinaj » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi,
I've seen other threads in the forum where applicants have been successful in proving CSI with a letter from the national equivalent of NHS.
See this: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 4#p1019524

I am planning on doing the same and hopefully it is still acceptable.

Dihanhan
Newly Registered

Post by Dihanhan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 am

martinaj wrote:Hi,
I've seen other threads in the forum where applicants have been successful in proving CSI with a letter from the national equivalent of NHS.
See this: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 4#p1019524

I am planning on doing the same and hopefully it is still acceptable.
Thanks martinaj, we still wait for confirmation from France NHS and after receiving it we will apply. Hope it works! Good luck!