ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting Naturalisation while abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RauGab
Newly Registered

Waiting Naturalisation while abroad

Post by RauGab » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Hello to everyone,

I would like your advice on the following:

My situation:
I am an EEA applying for Naturalisation (NCS appointment on 13 March).
I have been approached by a big company who would like to offer me a job abroad. I am interested in the offer, although I see myself living in the UK, in the long term.

Provided that my application is indeed sent on 13th March, do you think I would hinder my chances of successful application if I was to leave the UK in July?

I plan to come back for interview/ceremony, also on short notice.
I also plan to keep renting my current home until the end of the naturalisation process (and to come back to, in case I don't like the job).

My questions:
- do HO care if I am in the UK while the application is reviewed?

- can they know that I have left my current job or the country?

- would I need to notify HO if I intend to take this job?
(They would probably ask me to prove I intend to come back, which I do, I just don't want to risk it!)

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Waiting Naturalisation while abroad

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm

How will you answer the 'future intentions' question in the form?

A member, in the last few months, had a refusal due to a similar scenario of accepting a job overseas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:42 pm

The HO does care your future intentions are considered as part of the application for BC.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm

You will likely be refused if they find out about your intentions to take a job abroad. The refusal may also affect future applications. I recommend against it. Sort out your situation first, then you're free to do whatever you want.

RauGab
Newly Registered

Post by RauGab » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:08 pm

CR001 wrote:How will you answer the 'future intentions' question in the form?

A member, in the last few months, had a refusal due to a similar scenario of accepting a job overseas.
I thank you all for your replies.

I am still considering options so no decision has been made made. If I were to accept the job, given that I would still be in the UK until month 3 of the 6 months waiting time, I would probably answer that I intend to live in the UK (which is true in the long term, but I understand it would be difficult to provide any evidence of this intention).

@CR001 Could you kindly point me to the relevant post of the other board member that had a similar situation? I would like to read the details.

Thank you!

RauGab
Newly Registered

Post by RauGab » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Hello CR001, just hoping you could share the link to the conversation you mentioned above? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:47 pm

I have not been able to find the link as yet. I cannot remember how long ago it was posted but will keep looking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RauGab
Newly Registered

Post by RauGab » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Thank you CR001, appreciate your help !