ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University and health insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Stirphil
Newly Registered

University and health insurance

Post by Stirphil » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Hello everyone,
here's my question:
I'm a French national married to a British ciizen since 2006, we moved to Britain in January 2013, and started looking for job straight away. During this process the Job Centre said that I might be more competitive getting a newer degree. I thus started University that same year and am going to graduate in a few weeks. No one ever asked me or told me about the health insurance for students, maybe because i was already installed in town, I do not know. Nevertheless, 4 years later I learn that this insurance is compulsory to obtain residence in the case of a student. Has anyone got any ideas or advice on how to solve this conundrum? No insurance company will insure me a posteriori for the past 4 years. Thank you all for any help.

MrSlyFox

Re: University and health insurance

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Hello,
If you had a French EHIC (or other EEA country EHIC) for the whole period you can use that (Cannot be a UK EHIC), Here is a post by another French person who is talking about French NHS (CPAM). I don't know what that is or if it helps you but I'll link the original post - http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 26081.html