ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frequent Visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Casa

Re: Frequent Visit

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:38 pm

No one can guarantee anything, but as noajthan has already said, do your best to limit your visits and period of stay in the UK and explain clearly in your next application the reasons you need to be here.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks to you all for replying.

One of my friend suggested me this;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

and check under Familily life as a parent of a child in the UK

Can i apply under this category and then can go and come back from Uk so that my business should not be disturbed?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:27 pm

I'm not convinced that this application will enable you to come and go as I believe it's intended for someone who wishes to settle in order to share in the upbringing of their child. However not wanting to dismiss it, wait for views of others who may have more to add on the subject.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:55 am

E-ECPT.3.1. The applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds

As i am outside UK then how can i proove that i can accomodate myself and any dependent, unless i will not have any job in UK, and job can only be started if i will be allowed to enter?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:42 am

I don't believe you can as this route is for someone intending to reside and later settle in the UK, which is why I have my doubts that an application in this category will succeed.
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Casa wrote:I don't believe you can as this route is for someone intending to reside and later settle in the UK, which is why I have my doubts that an application in this category will succeed.

But just for my knowledge, how one can prove that he can accommodate and maintain himself and dependent and also how can he occupy an accommodation for this purpose from outside the UK?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:58 pm

I'll have to leave this for someone else to come up with a suggestion. I may well be missing something. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Calendula wrote:The applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds

As i am outside UK then how can i proove that i can accomodate myself and any dependent, unless i will not have any job in UK, and job can only be started if i will be allowed to enter?
I haven't read the specific requirements for the application in question here or have knowledge on it, but just responding to this specific clause/requirement which appears in just about every visa application I've made to either enter the UK or extend existing leave.

Examples of evidence would be income from savings, employment, business, property etc.... They want to understand whether you would be able to support yourself by means other than public funds - which you wouldn't be entitled to. The way I read it the income doesn't necessarily need to be earned in the UK.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:00 am

cs95tdg wrote:
Calendula wrote:The applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds

I haven't read the specific requirements for the application in question here or have knowledge on it, but just responding to this specific clause/requirement which appears in just about every visa application I've made to either enter the UK or extend existing leave.

Examples of evidence would be income from savings, employment, business, property etc.... They want to understand whether you would be able to support yourself by means other than public funds - which you wouldn't be entitled to. The way I read it the income doesn't necessarily need to be earned in the UK.

Are the evidences be same like we provide proof of income/savings by providing business bank statements or employment letter from the employer while applying for visit visa?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Calendula wrote:Are the evidences be same like we provide proof of income/savings by providing business bank statements or employment letter from the employer while applying for visit visa?
Unless anything explicit is mentioned I'd say the form of evidence you've mentioned would be fine. However I can't comment on what would be considered sufficient income to support yourself for the type of visa you are applying for. My guess is that this would vary from one type of visa application to another, based on the duration of stay permitted/requested.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:51 am

One more thing which came in front in Immigration Rules Appendix FM: family members

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

Under the Section EC-PT: Entry clearance as a parent of a child in the UK it is mentioned in
Relationship requirements that;

E-ECPT.2.2. The child of the applicant must be-
(a) under the age of 18 years at the date of application;
(b) living in the UK; and
(c) a British Citizen or settled in the UK.

Now my daughter is on Refugee Leave to Remain Status. So she is Not a British Citizen or Settled in the UK.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:00 pm

can i be eligible to apply for visa of a parent of a child in UK, on compassionate grounds?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Calendula wrote:can i be eligible to apply for visa of a parent of a child in UK, on compassionate grounds?
As child is not settled or British you are essentially just visiting UK. A general visit visa appears to be the appropriate visa.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:52 pm

Casa wrote:As far as qualifying as an unmarried partner, did you live with your daughter's mother for a minimum of 2 years in a relationship 'akin to marriage' before your daughter and her arrived in the UK as refugees?
No we were not of any relationship before her arrival in UK. We were just phone friends and never met before her arrival in UK.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:35 pm

Hello,

My unmarried partner is pregnant and delivery is expected at the end of May 2017 or in the first week of June 2017 and i must be there for my new baby.

As my current 2 year visitor visa will expire in May 2017, can i apply for a new visitor visa now i.e in February/March 2017?

Thanks for your help.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 am

Anyone there to help me?

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:51 am

Calendula wrote:Hello,

My unmarried partner is pregnant and delivery is expected at the end of May 2017 or in the first week of June 2017 and i must be there for my new baby.

As my current 2 year visitor visa will expire in May 2017, can i apply for a new visitor visa now i.e in February/March 2017?

Thanks for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:00 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:40 am

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:33 am

I will submit my visa application next week. My unmarried partner has some health issues other then pregnancy and she needs my moral support and also have to look after a child. Her GP is concerned with her health condition and needs me to be there. The GP Wrote the letter so that i can submit this letter with visa application. The contents of GP letter are;

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Extension or Early Renewal of Mr. __________ Tourist Visa

This gentleman is the partner of our patient, Miss __________. He is the father of her daughter and father of their unborn child. The child is expected to be delivery in May. Mr. _________ visa is expiring on ________ and this may cause him to return earlier to his native country ______ and leave his partner unsupported with 2 very young children.

I am very concerned that Miss _______ will not be able to cope as she does not have any family or friends in the UK to support her at this very challenging time and hence i would like to request on her behalf if Mr _____ visa could be renewed earlier or extended so that he can support her at this time.

Miss ______ is under a lot of pressure and suffering from various physical ailments and depression and the presence of Mr. ________ is essential during early months of their new baby.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at the surgery.

Many Thanks.

Yours Faithfully,

Please help me and let me know, will this letter be helpful for my visa application and the contents of letters are also ok?

My daughter also has oesophagal dilation on 20th of MAy at Hospital and my unmarried partner cannot bring the child alone to hospital. Should i also attach this appointment letter with my visa application?

Thanks