ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

randomhero594175
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by randomhero594175 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:21 am

Hello Guys,

A bit unusual question, Can any one who received approval, tell me what the envelope look like from HOME OFFICE when they send out approval letters if i haven't provided my own pre paid postage envelope?

I am expecting my naturalisation reply any day IA but currently away from home but have some one who give me information about letters received on my name but i didn't advised them to open my letter.

Thank you in advance for the reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:24 am

randomhero594175 wrote:Hello Guys,

A bit unusual question, Can any one who received approval, tell me what the envelope look like from HOME OFFICE when they send out approval letters if i haven't provided my own pre paid postage envelope?

I am expecting my naturalisation reply any day IA but currently away from home but have some one who give me information about letters received on my name but i didn't advised them to open my letter.

Standard A5 brown envelope sent by second class mail.

A pre-paid envelope, if sent, is for your documents to be returned. Approval letter usually still comes in the A5 brown envelope.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

randomhero594175
Newly Registered

Post by randomhero594175 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 am

CR001 wrote:
randomhero594175 wrote:Hello Guys,

Standard A5 brown envelope sent by second class mail.

A pre-paid envelope, if sent, is for your documents to be returned. Approval letter usually still comes in the A5 brown envelope.

Thanks you CR001

mnu991979
Newly Registered

Post by mnu991979 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:53 pm

mnu991979 wrote:Has anyone experienced a particularly long wait between the email acknowledgment of the application/fee payment and request for biometric ?

It seems based on timelines posted on this forum that the request is always received 2-3 days after home office takes payment and sends the email acknowledgment. However, the home office says that the request for biometrics might be sent anytime within 2 months after the application.

i apply with my wife and daughter for naturalisation on 08/02/2017 through NCS Hammersmith received acknowledgment letter on 15/02/17 and email on 14/02/17, payment taken on 13/02/17 checked with the bank statement. BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVE BIOMETRIC LETTER YET PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT I CAN DO IS THERE ANY NUMBER I CAN CONTACT HOME OFFICE ?? SHOULD I WAIT for MORE TIME OR EMAIL HOME OFFICE ? ITS ABOUT 3 WEEKS NOW

Thanks!
HI THANKS, BLESSTODAY I CALL THAT NUMBER THEY SAID IT TAKES 4 TO 6 WEEKS BUT I CAN SEE EVEN SOME APPLY AFTER ME GOT BIOMETRIC LETTER. I AM GETTING WORRYING NOW MAY BE LOST IN POST SO PLEASE MEMBERS ADVICE WHAT TO NOW ? , PLEASE REPLY ...

THANKS

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi i would not worry every case is different due to different case workers, the case workers have different case loads. Try not to worry and wait for a few more days if you have not received your biometric letter then call them again. You can also email: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as a way of contact.

mnu991979
Newly Registered

Post by mnu991979 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:03 pm

blessedtoday wrote:Hi i would not worry every case is different due to different case workers, the case workers have different case loads. Try not to worry and wait for a few more days if you have not received your biometric letter then call them again. You can also email: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as a way of contact.

Thanks blessestoday

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi All, Thanks for millions of posts on this forum, I have always found answers to all my queries and doubts just by going through answers. However, today as I'm on the verge of applying for my BC, I'm stuck. Please guide, direct or instruct.
Came as a Tier 2 G Dependent in Sep 2010 and worked as a limited company for first 2 years(until dec 2012), after the birth of our child wife didn't get maternity leave and in order to hold on to visa had to step back as a house husband(till date). Got my ILR last year (March 2016). Unfortunately due to aforementioned circumstances, couldn't close down the company in most appropriate way.
Also, prior to my most recent stay I came to UK in june 2007 on Work Permit and then converted into HSMP (2008) but left in Apr 2010.
My questions are:
1AN FORM 1.50:
A) Do I need to provide information for my previous stay June 2007-Apr 2010 also?
B) What would happen as I don't have any information like P60, self assessment etc for the year 2012-13?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:07 pm

dontringthebell wrote: 1AN FORM 1.50:
A) Do I need to provide information for my previous stay June 2007-Apr 2010 also?
B) What would happen as I don't have any information like P60, self assessment etc for the year 2012-13?
You are required to provide details of employment etc for up to 10 years back from your application date. So I would list all your details as far as possible. If you have gaps estimate and/or explain in separate note. Also if you have issues with providing documents.
Better to include everything rather than being asked why you didn't disclose....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
dontringthebell wrote: 1AN FORM 1.50:
You are required to provide details of employment etc for up to 10 years back from your application date. So I would list all your details as far as possible. If you have gaps estimate and/or explain in separate note. Also if you have issues with providing documents.
Better to include everything rather than being asked why you didn't disclose....
Thanks for the information.

nova22
Newly Registered

Post by nova22 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi guys, is it normal to receive ceremony invitation letter from coucil before approval letter from home office? Do they have my approval letter in the council? What should i do? Thanks

dianaiulia
Newly Registered

Post by dianaiulia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:41 pm

faisal7412 wrote:
dianaiulia wrote:The appointment was on Saturday and they did not mention that they can check the date when I have aquired PR status. I didn't even know they can do that at the appointment, so I didn't even ask the question. I have provided all documentation covering the 6 years, but after arriving from the appointment and reading some posts on forums here describing how applications have been rejected due to a wrong date of aquired PR on UKVI records - even though supporting documents were ok - I have decided not to risk and to withdraw my application. The NCS will return my application and the liuk test by post back to me.

I have written to the Permanent Immigration Office in Liverpool where the PR card was sent from asking them to confirm the date. Once I have that confirmed and it is correct and will apply. It probably is ok, but I could not live with the stress for the next few months. If I would have known sooner, I would have had that date confirmed well before applying.

I would have the date confirmed before applying, just for peace of mind.
It's good to play safe but if you haven't made SAR to home office probably you won't get your required information back. good luck!.
I've received a reply to my email, quote below, so the only way to find out is to make a SAR...
"A deemed date is the date that an applicant is considered to have exercised their treaty rights for a 5 year period and this was added on to the decision letters on 24th November 2016.
Applicants that were granted permanent residency prior to 24th November 2016 will not have a deemed date shown on their decision letter. The onus would be on the applicant to provide sufficient documentary evidence to prove that they have acquired permanent residency on an earlier date when submitting any future applications.
If you require any personal information surrounding your own file or copies of any documentation that may be held on file, you may make a subject access request.
We are unable to guarantee that the information you request will be available."

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 pm

nova22 wrote:Hi guys, is it normal to receive ceremony invitation letter from coucil before approval letter from home office? Do they have my approval letter in the council? What should i do? Thanks
Hi nova22, a few people on the forum have found out their application has been approved because they received the ceremony invitation letter before the approval letter. The approval letter is sent via 2nd class which is a bit slow on arriving. If you do not receive it soon you can call the citizenship department on 0300 123 2253 Congratulations

faisal7412
Newly Registered

Post by faisal7412 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:51 pm

dianaiulia wrote:
faisal7412 wrote:
dianaiulia wrote: If you require any personal information surrounding your own file or copies of any documentation that may be held on file, you may make a subject access request.
We are unable to guarantee that the information you request will be available."
That's right SAR and this would take about 40 days. You can try other council for your application like Wandsworth Council or Brent I heard they contact UKVI for the PR acquired date.
It would be a good idea to call one of the council and conform with nationality officer before you make an appointment. Good Luck!

star_bright
Newly Registered

Post by star_bright » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello everyone!
I have two questions please:

1. I called to book an appointment with the NCS and they said that apart from my EU passport, PR card and SAR I should bring evidence that proves that I have been based in the UK in the last 5 years. They said bank statements and utility bills are not really good for the Home Office, since they don't prove that you were physically in the UK. Also, they suggested that the accepted proofs of residence (like P60s, school letters, GP appointments) should account for the entire period and leave no gaps longer than 90 days. I am a bit concerned about this, as I don't have such proofs to cover the entire period and neither does my partner who was dependent on me. We got the PR using utility bills and such. NCS's demand seems a bit exaggerated for me, since bank statements can show that you have cashed out money on the high street, etc.
Do you think the NCS is overcautious or what sort of evidence should I bring?

2. The referee that I chose to be of professional standing is a retired accountant, is this acceptable for the HO? She fulfils all other conditions.

Thanks a lot, please help if you can!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:22 pm

star_bright wrote:Hello everyone!

1. I called to book an appointment with the NCS and they said that apart from my EU passport, PR card and SAR I should bring evidence that proves that I have been based in the UK in the last 5 years. They said bank statements and utility bills are not really good for the Home Office, since they don't prove that you were physically in the UK. Also, they suggested that the accepted proofs of residence (like P60s, school letters, GP appointments) should account for the entire period and leave no gaps longer than 90 days. I am a bit concerned about this, as I don't have such proofs to cover the entire period and neither does my partner who was dependent on me. We got the PR using utility bills and such. NCS's demand seems a bit exaggerated for me, since bank statements can show that you have cashed out money on the high street, etc.
Note applyng for BC is not the same as for PR. NCS only deal with BC, follow their advice. Providing P60 or employer letters is a standard requirement, or other official documents proving residence. Bank statements are not accepted.

2. The referee that I chose to be of professional standing is a retired accountant, is this acceptable for the HO? She fulfils all other conditions.
If she is stil a member of a professional accounting body that's fine otherwise you need to find someone else.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

faisal7412
Newly Registered

Post by faisal7412 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:47 pm

star_bright wrote:Hello everyone!

Because European passport doesn't get an entry stamp especially while traveling within the EU so the only way to fulfil the residence requirement is to provide 5 years continues employment without any gaps.
if you can get an employment letter which covers 5 year will be enough along with P60 or you can get employment history from HMRC over the phone.

your reference is good.

star_bright
Newly Registered

Post by star_bright » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:04 am

Because European passport doesn't get an entry stamp especially while traveling within the EU so the only way to fulfil the residence requirement is to provide 5 years continues employment without any gaps.
if you can get an employment letter which covers 5 year will be enough along with P60 or you can get employment history from HMRC over the phone.
Note applyng for BC is not the same as for PR. NCS only deal with BC, follow their advice. Providing P60 or employer letters is a standard requirement, or other official documents proving residence. Bank statements are not accepted.
Thank you for your replies, I understand what you are saying.
My question is, if my partner was dependent on me (no work, benefits, or school, seldom GP visits), is there any way we could prove that she has been here? Got a lot of utility bills, council tax, electoral roll on her name, etc., as mentioned previously. Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:37 pm

@ star_bright

Council Tax, Electoral Roll etc. documents will be ok if there are no employment documents.

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Post by sandrofoz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi there,
My wife, daughter and I applied for our British Citizenship using the NCS service last Monday. Today I received an email acknowledging my daughter`s application only.
That made me a bit concerned because I thought the applications would be considered together. My concern is that if they consider her application on its own without considering mine or my wife`s together they will refuse hers since her parents are not British citizen yet.
Has anyone of you here seen somebody having problems when applying for a minor at the same time as theirs?
If someone has applied for his/her child at the same time as them, did anyone receive the acknowledgment email/letter for the child first?
Please, any light would be most welcomed.
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 pm

sandrofoz wrote:Hi there,
My wife, daughter and I applied for our British Citizenship using the NCS service last Monday. Today I received an email acknowledging my daughter`s application only.
That made me a bit concerned because I thought the applications would be considered together. My concern is that if they consider her application on its own without considering mine or my wife`s together they will refuse hers since her parents are not British citizen yet.
Has anyone of you here seen somebody having problems when applying for a minor at the same time as theirs?
If someone has applied for his/her child at the same time as them, did anyone receive the acknowledgment email/letter for the child first?
Thanks
I have no experience of this scenario - however there is no family or couples application, each application is individual and considered as such - NCS will have copied all relevant documents relating to you daughter's application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Thanks
Did you not maybe think that your and wife's letters might still be on the way or as a letter in the post :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Post by sandrofoz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Thanks
Did you not maybe think that your and wife's letters might still be on the way or as a letter in the post :idea:
Thank you CR001 and alterhase58 ,
I know it might happen that we will receive the email regarding our application later on. However, I only got an email acknowledging my daughter`s application and the fee for her application has been taken from my account. We have not received any email regarding my wife`s or mine application, nor has the payment for our application been taken.
I am aware, as alterhae58 pointed out, the applications are considered on their own. However, it does say in the guidance that a minor can apply together with parents and will be granted only if one of the parents get theirs. I was expecting that they would be working on mine and my wife's applications first, before doing my daughter`s. I am just inquiring if anyone here has gone through/seen the same happen before.

Again, thank you for the reply,

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Ian there a separate application for joint nationality and passport or you simple fill in normal nationality form and passport form?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:36 pm

malik15 wrote:Ian there a separate application for joint nationality and passport or you simple fill in normal nationality form and passport form?
Just the normal forms for all applications.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:13 pm

does anybody know if after receiving approval letter and ceremony invitation home office send anything else by post?
I have moved house and changed address by post for passport delivery.
Just wondering if depite having already received approval letter and booked ceremony I have to fill the UKVI - Change of address form as well?

Thanks