ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help With Student Visa Application

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dbm
Newly Registered

Help With Student Visa Application

Post by dbm » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:00 am

I came to the Uk in 2004 as work permit visa dependant.Unfortunately my father did not renew his visa/apply for leave to remain on time as he was having problems at work and had to change employers.During this period his work permit expired and he was given a new work permit for the new job with a new employer.However when the whole family tried to apply for permanent residance they were told to leave the UK voluntarily as we had overstayed our visas.My dad went back to our home country and managed to get the right work permit he is now back at work in the UK.However i havent had my passport back from the home office as i was 20 when we made the application,so iam assuming that my application will automatically be refused aswell.However i am considering requesting my passport back and applying for an australian student visa.I need to know if this will affect my australian student visa application as i was only a dependant when all this happened :cry:
Any help will be greatly appriciated
Thanks in advance

navtej
Newly Registered

Post by navtej » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:28 am

No this wont affect your Australian student visa at all.