ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE: bringing my wife to UK under settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ozzyb
Newly Registered

Post by ozzyb » Thu May 01, 2008 12:32 am

hi, just a quick enquiry, i got married on the 17/03/2008, and i took some documents with to pakistan i.e employment letter, wage slips, a mobile phone bill, the application form which i printed off the internet.
my wife phoned me up and asked me to post a P60, updated bank statement. i still live with my parents at home, what sort of document will they require from to say that that we have got space for her etc.
and just bearing in mind i still live at home, could someone give me a list of all the documents that are required in my circumstances. and will they do checks on my work place, to say that i work there etc.
could someone please help me out asap. as i have to submitt these documents, once i know what they are, to my wife so that she can come here.

many thanks

Usman

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Thu May 01, 2008 10:00 am

hi usman,

you have to get in touch with your local council (environmental health section) and ask them to do a survey on your house. there is a charge for this, in return you will get a letter which needs to be sent with your application. In addition you need a "sponsor letter" confirming who you are your relationship and that you will fulfill all requirements and that there will be no recourse to "Public Funds".

You will also need your passports attested, marriage certificates (english and Urdu) photos, etc.

Hope this helps.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 01, 2008 10:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ozzyb
Newly Registered

Post by ozzyb » Thu May 01, 2008 6:37 pm

thanks for that information, with regards to the survey, my father has got his house deeds, will that count. and will he also need to complete a sponsor application, so that he can say that he will be sponsoring her as well. also passport photo copies have already been sent there, so if required i'll go and get that attested, what about that visa applictaion formm which i completetd, does that need to be submitted as well. could someone give me a list of everything i need
many thanks

usman

khan85

Post by khan85 » Fri May 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi usman, i got an outline of all the documents that i have collected hope it will help you

Applicant
VAF4 Form
Passport
NICOP
TB Test Certificate

Sponsor
Sponsor Declaration
Letter of Intention
Passport Copy
NICOP
Birth Certificate Copy
Driving License Copy

Wedding
Nikkah Nama Urdu
Nikkah Nama Translation
Wedding Photos
Sample Wedding Card
Gold Receipts
Greeting Cards

Means of Contact
Calling Cards
Telephone Bills
Greeting Cards

Employment
Employment Letter
Payslips (3 or 6 months)
PAYE P2
P60
NI Card

Finance
Bank Statements (3 or 6 months)

Accommodation
Tenancy Agreement
Rent Book
Landlord Letter
Housing Inspection
Flat Photos

(because you will be living with your father, you wont need most of the documents listed above, instead you will need a letter from you father saying that he has no problem with your wife staying there.You still need evidence that when your wife comed to the UK the property wont be overcrowded, get in touch with the council they usually do this or if they dont they will give you a number to contact. I dont think you need to include the house deeds!)

Utility Bills
Council Tax
Gas
Electricity
Water

(Im not sure if you still need bills on your name as your living with your father, may be someone can advise you better on that)

Others
Applicant CV
UK Employment Letter

Hope that helped...

ozzyb
Newly Registered

bringing wife to UK

Post by ozzyb » Sun May 04, 2008 8:44 pm

many thanks, the letter of Intention, can i write that or does a solictor have to do it. and would it matter if i send more evidence that is required.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:34 am

ur welcome:)

i wrote my own letter cuz solicitor charges a bomb!!! and i really cant fork out for the money..

if you want i can give u a template of it :) and u can change it around to what ever u want :)

of course you can give more evidence, the more the better but make sure its relevant to the case..

ozzyb
Newly Registered

Post by ozzyb » Fri May 09, 2008 6:01 pm

hi yeah could you send me a template to: ozzyb@hotmail.co.uk

yeah i suppose the more you give the more they can't questioned anything

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

Post by wa51mmm » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:23 am

Tb test report is only valid for a few months, needs to be re applied all the time they ask for it....

calling cards are no longer an acceptable form of communications proof as quoted by the entry clearance officer in abu dhabi?.... not on possibilities?
even though its a lot cheaper to call from phone cards / calling cards. they want the statement from phone cad operators and the number called must be in the name for the applicants........

applicant;s bank account statements...... needs all the money to be saved and not spent away.......

sponsor bank statements must show carried forward balance saved each month of about 250 pounds each month for all statements.........

housing inspection cannot be accpted from solicitors / surveyers. only acceptable from council inspectors.............

:idea: :idea: :idea:

ozzyb
Newly Registered

Re: Bring my wife to UK under Settlement visa

Post by ozzyb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi is anyone able to send me a copy/template of the letter of intention and also is the sponsor declaration the same as the visting sponsor declaration form. This is to bring my wife over from pakistan