ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian spouse of EU citizen wanting to work in Italy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mark73
Newly Registered

Australian spouse of EU citizen wanting to work in Italy

Post by mark73 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi

My wife and I recently arrived in London from Australia. I am an Australian citizen and my wife has dual citizenship for Australia and Ireland.

Before leaving Australia, I got a 6 month UK family permit stamped in my passport allowing me to work in UK. My wife is traveling on her Irish passport.

However, I do not have a UK residence stamp.

My wife and I would like to travel to Italy to work. She is ok with her EU passport but I am trying to determine what I need to do.

As an Australian, I do not need a visa for a tourist visit not exceeding 90 days. However, I want to be able to work and stay possibly longer than 90 days. As the spouse of an EU citizen, what do I need to do?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu May 29, 2008 9:27 pm

It is the same as the UK - you need another EEA family permit, this time for Italy. One thing to remember - she needs to be exercising her treaty rights in the EEA state.

mark73
Newly Registered

Post by mark73 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:51 pm

so can i get this Italian EEA family permit stamp without a UK residence stamp in my Australian passport from the italian consulate in london?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri May 30, 2008 9:11 pm

so can i get this Italian EEA family permit stamp without a UK residence stamp in my Australian passport from the italian consulate in london?
As Frontier Mole pointed out, Your wife needs to be exercising her treaty rights in the EEA state (In your case in Italy) either by working, studying etc...

JAJ
Australia

Re: Australian spouse of EU citizen wanting to work in Italy

Post by JAJ » Sat May 31, 2008 1:59 am

mark73 wrote:Hi

My wife and I recently arrived in London from Australia. I am an Australian citizen and my wife has dual citizenship for Australia and Ireland.

Before leaving Australia, I got a 6 month UK family permit stamped in my passport allowing me to work in UK. My wife is traveling on her Irish passport.

However, I do not have a UK residence stamp.

My wife and I would like to travel to Italy to work. She is ok with her EU passport but I am trying to determine what I need to do.
Your wife will need to sponsor you for an Italian EEA family permit.

Are you planning to become a British citizen some day? Living in Italy won't help you in that quest and won't necessarily get you Italian citizenship either.