ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you require/need a work permit to work? YES or NO

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

barendjvrensburg
Newly Registered

Do you require/need a work permit to work? YES or NO

Post by barendjvrensburg » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 am

When filling in a job application form, you occasionally get the question: Do you require / need a work permit to work in the UK? Yes or No. If you already have a work permit / HSMP, what should your answer be?

The question is a bit confusing, because it could read. YES, I DO need / require a work permit to work in the UK, even though I have one (it is a requirement that I have one) or it could read NO, I do NOT require one, since I already have one.

Any help on this would be grateful.

tral_hsmp

Post by tral_hsmp » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi,

What I personally do and think is the correct option is that "I don't require W/P as I am already having."

I feel Yes is for the person who requires WP from new employer. I think Yes will be even for the person who is on WP in UK, because if he/she will leave the current job, his/her next employer has to get a WP for him.

netacct

Post by netacct » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Answer NO if you got HSMP/ILR/EU Passport/Dependent visa which allows you to work.

Answer YES otherwise

Its simple :)