ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work in the North compared to work in London

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shaolinn
Newly Registered

Work in the North compared to work in London

Post by shaolinn » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:50 pm

I'm a legal secretary who will be relocating to the UK via a spouse settlement visa (husband is British citizen). Any thoughts on where the better work is? It seems like the pay is much better in London - cost of living is also higher though. Are there good jobs in the legal sector to be had in Manchester area as well? Any tips for good agencies up north would be appreciated.

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:44 am

If you like to try in Scotland, you can visit www.s1jobs.com. They help job hunters throughout scotland, and I have had some good experience using this site. Best of luck

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:51 am

Adding to my prev post, if you visit www.jobserve.co.uk, they have a list of recruiters who operate all over the United Kingdom.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:49 am

IMHO,

General lifestyle and well being is much better in the North
Where there is a will there is a way.

shaolinn
Newly Registered

Post by shaolinn » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:15 am

Thanks for the input - I've actually been to the jobserve site already. Salaries just seem so low in the North! Less work to be had too it seems. It seems much like Canada: the further you go from the major city centre there is less work and lower salaries.

It's difficult not being in the UK to try to research where everything is - I haven't been able to find an online map which shows a broad view of where towns are in relation to eachother. Have to keep plugging away though, I can't wait to finally arrive. Thanks to you both for the help!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:09 am

shaolinn wrote:Thanks for the input - I've actually been to the jobserve site already. Salaries just seem so low in the North!
But the cost of living is low as well :wink:
Where there is a will there is a way.