ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skill Assessment Help

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vijaypalrana

Skill Assessment Help

Post by vijaypalrana » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 am

Hi All,

I am from Bangalore. I have almost 6 years of experience in Server Admin but out of which 3 years is with one company, which happens to be a multinational.
I requested them to provide me the employment reference letter which they have refused, mentioning they dont provide such letters. I checked on the website that I need to provide atleast 4-6 years reference to go for the skill assessment.
Can somebody guide me of an alternative. It will be great help.

Many Thanks!

vijaypalrana

Any Help??

Post by vijaypalrana » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:59 am

Hi All,

Any help please?? I am just holding my process for this. The ACS asks for 4-6 years of reference letters. I have joining and experience certificates from this company. I have put in my 3 years of career with them and now they simply refuse to provide me a reference of all the hard work I did for them.

I want to know if there is anything alternative I can provide to ACS. If someone has faced similar situation please let me know. You can post a PM to me.

Many Thanks!

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

Skill Assessment Help

Post by Wizard of Oz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi there..

I don't have any help to offer, but I do sympathize with you.

My situation is different (but I have similar problems concerning certificate of employment).

I worked with this employer (a multinational company) and resigned about 12 years ago (am not sure if this information is really needed, I mean going back as far as that, but my agent asked for all my employment history...)

It seems that the HR in charge DOESN'T EVEN KNOW what is the job description of the title I held! It is so amazing, I don't know what to say. My guess (which seems almost certain) is that this multinational company I worked with is now probably contracting out their HR (maybe a call center or an employment agency or something like that) who does the Certificates of Employment... Which would explain why the person I spoke with didn't even know what my job functions are.

My dilema here is that, now they have provided me with the COE. HOWEVER, the job description is so bad, my brother read it and says he feels as if I were demoted! I thought it was only ME who felt that way, but even my brother felt bad about it.

I feel so bad about it because, like you, I gave a lot into the job I held before, and now based on the COE it sounds like I was a glorified tape recording ("hello, good morning, how may I help you?" was NOT all I ever did at work...) and someone whose job consisted of updating other people's telephone number and address in the company files! Which was not what I did at all :-(

I hope that things work out for you. Your employer I think should provide you with a COE. It is fair and legal for them, and your COE should be made available to you upon your request, no matter how long it has been since you left them.

GOOD LUCk.... Keep us posted...

Wizard =D

imsocute
Newly Registered

employment reference

Post by imsocute » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:29 am

hi vijaypalrana,

i am facing the same problem. i am currently in the uae and i work in a very big company that we dont have direct access with our hr and the requests are damn too long like months before they reply. and the reply that i got after several months of waiting, they dont issue such a document.
good thing i found out the employment reference letter can be done by your manager and not necessarily by the hr. as long as the manager has contact number, email and website. the local consulate will be the one to contact them.

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

employment reference

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi friends,

It seems I'm not the only one having problems with employment certificates. I hope we get our dilemas sorted out soon. Good luck to us all...

Wizard :D