ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

previous applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vickivickii

previous applications

Post by vickivickii » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:12 pm

hi,

does anybody know how long the home office keeps previous visa applications on file?

thanks

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:24 pm

also, some of you may have seen my previous thread about marrying in the uk..

we found a church and went to see them today, all was well.. we got our date and even picked the music with the vicar etc. we phoned the registrar to get permission and they wouldn't even see us, so we are back to square one.

what is the best way to go? would going back to albania be best and marrying there and then applying? and also would it be better if we went through a solicitor?

i'm going to tell you our story, we've been together a year and a half, and living with each other most of that. we've lived with my mum and she is willing to confirm that we live with her and paid her rent etc. we have friends who will confirm our relationship etc. i am in a well paid stable job and never claimed benefits in my life. once/if we get the visa we're planning to move out of my mums and get our own place etc. what do you think our chance is of getting the visa?

i am SO worried about the whole thing. do you have any idea at all of how long it may take? i just think the whole thing is crazy, i just want to live my life with my fiance and not go through any of this.

could i have your opinions please?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:40 pm

If he's an overstayer I'll stick my neck out and say there's no way he'll get a visa from here, it's a return home jobby, I'm afraid....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:51 pm

he's never had a visa at all.

i know we're not going to get it here, we're not even going to apply from here. it'll be done from albania.

is getting married there the best thing to do? we want to get married anyway, not just for visas, but is that going to be the best way to go in your opinion?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:56 pm

vickivickii wrote:he's never had a visa at all.

i know we're not going to get it here, we're not even going to apply from here. it'll be done from albania.

is getting married there the best thing to do? we want to get married anyway, not just for visas, but is that going to be the best way to go in your opinion?
I'd say married is better, but u can marry in Albania and save the CoA fee.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:01 pm

sorry but what is CoA? i'm not too clued up on all of this.

we want to get married anyway, so marriage there is no problem for me.

i think its best to get him out of the country almost straight away isn't it, seeing as the october thing is in force. probably best to get it under way soon as?