ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application -- why taking so long!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

toto3433
Newly Registered

ILR application -- why taking so long!

Post by toto3433 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:48 pm

Please can anyone advise or suggest something. I am very confused, worried and having sleepless nights. My spouse visa was issued on the 27/06/2006 in Africa. I arrived UK on 30/07/06.. I applied for ILR SET(M)on 02/06/08 since then I havent heard anything from them apart from the usual acknowlegment .
I am have the feeeling that i applied too early and that maybe delaying response to my application. I have previous travel history to UK with previous visitors visas to UK and have never been denied visa and have never overstyaed before . All documents submitted too. Can anyone advise me or suggest what might be delaying my application. People who have submiited long after i submitted theirs have all been given IRL.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:43 am

As you initially arrived in the UK on 30/07/06, the earliest that you may apply for SET(M) (288) is 2/07/08. However, you've passed that date now, so perhaps their delay is a good sign.

Appeal if refused. Their new 27 months policy may be beneficial. Be patient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.