ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will she be refused?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Summer05
Newly Registered

Will she be refused?

Post by Summer05 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Dear forum users

I have a question please and I'd appreciate if you have any ideas or thoughts on this.

My mother applied for a visa to see her sister in America last month but she was refused the visa. Now she has applied to come and see me and my family in London at the British Embassy in Albania. She has been in the UK many times in the last 9 years.

On the application form we ticked yes to the question "Have you ever been refused a visa to another country" and gave details about refusal.
We are worried that this refusal may affect her application for the UK visa.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:10 pm

Why was she refused a USA visa?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Summer05
Newly Registered

Post by Summer05 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 am

Thanks a lot for your reply Vinny. I appreciate it.

She was told she doesn't have strong social economical ties with her country. A bit surprised as she still works (been in the some job 30 yrs) has more than £10k in bank accounts, married and living with my dad for 35 yrs.... so really I didn't understand why. She took evidences of all the above with her at the USA embassy.

what are your thoughts?

Thanks o lot.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:36 am

She should also include evidence of her strong ties to her country, as stated above, in her UK visitor visa application. It should be straight forward if her circumstances had not changed since her previous successful applications.

With regards to her USA visa application,
Visa Denials wrote:WHAT CAN YOU DO IF AN AQUAINTANCE IS REFUSED A VISA UNDER 214(B) FOR LACK OF A RESIDENCE ABROAD?

First encourage your relative, friend or student to review carefully their situation and evaluate realistically their ties. You can suggest that they write down on paper what qualifying ties they think they have which may not have been evaluated at the time of their interview with the consular officer. Also, if they have been refused, they should review what documents were submitted for the consul to consider. Applicants refused visas under section 214(b) may reapply for a visa. When they do, they will have to show further evidence of their ties or how their circumstances have changed since the time of the original application. It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation accurately? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information I can present to establish my residence and strong ties abroad?

Your acquaintances should also bear in mind that they will be charged a nonrefundable application fee each time they apply for a visa, regardless of whether a visa is issued.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Summer05
Newly Registered

Post by Summer05 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:05 am

Hi Vinny

Many thanks. I thought this would be the case anyway. I don't know how clearly my mother has explained herself when she was called for the interview at the USA embassy, but she intends to reaply there.

However, I appreciate your advice and will advice my mother to explain herself concisly at the British Embassy(no doubt they will call her for an interview) ref strong ties with her country.

I am just sick and tired of her going for a visa every year....I wish things were different!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:48 am

Summer05 wrote:However, I appreciate your advice and will advice my mother to explain herself concisly at the British Embassy(no doubt they will call her for an interview) ref strong ties with her country.

Good idea, as
What if I have been refused a visa for another country before? wrote:Each visa application for the UK is dealt with on its own merits, but an entry clearance officer may wish to know why another country refused you a visa.
Summer05 wrote:I am just sick and tired of her going for a visa every year....I wish things were different!!!
She could also try applying for a Long Term Multiple Entry Visit Visa.

Summer05
Newly Registered

Post by Summer05 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Vinny

Thank you so much for replying.

I wanted to apply for her for multiple visa this time but I thought the embassy people may get a bit stroppy due to her "american refusal".... hence the 6months application.

Was it neccessary for us to delcare her visa refusal or not. My mom said that "someone" back home told her we shouldn't have declared it....but I thought not declairing it is giving false info!!!

BTW she has to go to the embassy tomorro, I will tell her to relax, as all applications are reviewed on their own merits.

Cheers
Summer:)

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:32 am

Just tell her to relax, and simply tell the truth.

I know someone who was refused a Canada visitor visa for the same reason (insufficient ties, blah, blah, blah), and even had TVR stamped in their passport!

They went on to apply for a UK visit visa (answered the question about being refused a visa truthfully, stating insufficient ties to the resident country as the reason), and they were given the UK visitor visa. Ofcourse they did provide proof of sufficient ties this time around. But my point is, the Canada visa refusal wasn't really an issue.

Best of luck to your mom! Hope she gets it! :)

Summer05
Newly Registered

Post by Summer05 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 am

Thank you Rozen. :)
I will keep everything crossed tomorrow for her, and will update in here.

It's nice to read some encouragement posts.

Warm regards
Summer

Summer05
Newly Registered

why did the embassy kept her passport?

Post by Summer05 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Well, my mother went today for her visa end after paying the visa fee she was told to go back in the afternoon to collect her passport. When she went back she was told her case it's under processing and she will be contacted by embassy staff next week. They also kept her passport.

I am worried now....what if they refuse her?

Anyone in here has any idea or experience of such a thing please?

many thanks
Summer

t-bag

re

Post by t-bag » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi SUmmer, just read your post and would liek to let you know that it doesn't matter how many times u've been refused, you can still get a visa. However, if the reasons why u've been refused do not change, then u'll obviously be refused again; but from what they've told her, it looks pretty positive, as if they had to refuse her, they would not have asked you to come back after a week. what for?? Good luck to you

Summer05
Newly Registered

Post by Summer05 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:16 am

Hi T Bag
It's so nice when someone replies to the post, so thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Yes, hopefully she will hear sth this week.(if they keep their promise)

She was refused a visa from the American Embassy, not the British one.... I guess they just want to make their own checks... it's just that the waiting and the speculations in our mind is killing us....

I only pray she will be fine...
Will let everyone know. This forum is great.,

Thank you