ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What can i do to get status in America

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TiredOfCrying
Newly Registered

What can i do to get status in America

Post by TiredOfCrying » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Im am 20 years old i was brought here when i was 7 my mother never got me a greencard and she never got one herself. Now im living in this country without papers and im being stopped from living like a normal person. Is there anything i can do. Im being told that i cant do anything because ive been here to long. Im from london england and i current live in New jersey.. do i really have no options other than marriage?.....i also have a SS card that said Not valid for employment im not sure how my mother got that, but she also lost it and i cant get a copy of it. please help

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:36 am

Consult with an immigration attorney: http://www.aila.com

What is your mother's status in the U.S. now?

TiredOfCrying
Newly Registered

Post by TiredOfCrying » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:01 pm

She current has no status. she applied but the sponsers backed out at the last minute, which left us with a denied greencard. she also has the SS card that says not valid for employment

plt22

Post by plt22 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 pm

That sounds complicated, you better consult an immigration attorney like JAJ said.
What about going back to London? this is not an option for you?

TiredOfCrying
Newly Registered

Post by TiredOfCrying » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:02 pm

well no because ive been here for 14 years and if i leave i wouldnt be able to enter the us for another 10 or 15 yrs

plt22

Post by plt22 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:13 pm

And if you meet someone and get married, you could stay? or they will deport you because you got married on an ilegal status?

TiredOfCrying
Newly Registered

Post by TiredOfCrying » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 am

yes if i met some one and got married i could stay

darko

Post by darko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:30 pm

TiredOfCrying wrote:yes if i met some one and got married i could stay
Clarification: that someone should be US citizen :D

Doc Major
Newly Registered

Re: What can i do to get status in America

Post by Doc Major » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:23 pm

TiredOfCrying wrote:Im am 20 years old i was brought here when i was 7 my mother never got me a greencard and she never got one herself. Now im living in this country without papers and im being stopped from living like a normal person. Is there anything i can do. Im being told that i cant do anything because ive been here to long. Im from london england and i current live in New jersey.. do i really have no options other than marriage?.....i also have a SS card that said Not valid for employment im not sure how my mother got that, but she also lost it and i cant get a copy of it. please help
I wish I could help you OP.

My daughter is in a similar position to you she is 22 years old.

She has married an American Citizen they also have a 1year old son, they have been married for 3 years.

She wants to come back to England, but she know she won't be allow back into American for 10-15 years.

Her husband has told her he is willing to come back to London with her, but the problem is, if they split up, she is worried he will take her son back to America, then she woul not be able to see her son again.

She has also though of going back to England without her husband and take her son. She has found out she would get arrested for kidnapping, without her husband consent.

She feels like a prisoner, she can't work, she has prob with getting medical help for herself and her son.

darko

Re: What can i do to get status in America

Post by darko » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:24 pm

Doc Major wrote:
TiredOfCrying wrote:Im am 20 years old i was brought here when i was 7 my mother never got me a greencard and she never got one herself. Now im living in this country without papers and im being stopped from living like a normal person. Is there anything i can do. Im being told that i cant do anything because ive been here to long. Im from london england and i current live in New jersey.. do i really have no options other than marriage?.....i also have a SS card that said Not valid for employment im not sure how my mother got that, but she also lost it and i cant get a copy of it. please help
I wish I could help you OP.

My daughter is in a similar position to you she is 22 years old.

She has married an American Citizen they also have a 1year old son, they have been married for 3 years.

She wants to come back to England, but she know she won't be allow back into American for 10-15 years.

Her husband has told her he is willing to come back to London with her, but the problem is, if they split up, she is worried he will take her son back to America, then she woul not be able to see her son again.

She has also though of going back to England without her husband and take her son. She has found out she would get arrested for kidnapping, without her husband consent.

She feels like a prisoner, she can't work, she has prob with getting medical help for herself and her son.
Sounds horrible, why can't her husband sponsor her for perm. residence?