ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee immigration, UK citizen wishes to marry a US citizen

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mightymints
Newly Registered

Fiancee immigration, UK citizen wishes to marry a US citizen

Post by mightymints » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:32 am

Hey, ive done allot of reading, and some of the links on this forum are an absolute goldmine so thanks.

Ive been planning on moving to the USA to be with my girlfriend. I am 19 and she is 21, she is in Texas and has been a US citizen her whole life.
I am a UK citizen and have been my whole life.
I just got back from 2 months there, and from what we can find out, its going to take along time to get a visa/green card in most ways.
We are at the stage now where it is hard to be apart from each other, and so are thinking of getting engaged around Christmas time. Technically this isnt just for the purpose of a visa, its so we can be together, and from how things read, it would be the only quickest option.
I have lots of documents and photos to prove we met in the last 2 years.

Would this work? Any other alternatives are welcomed.

Also, am i right in thinking i need to start this process through a lawyer in the certain area? If so, does anyone have any recommendations as to whom i should contact in order to get the ball rolling?

Many thanks in advance.

mightymints
Newly Registered

Post by mightymints » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:19 am

oh and just so people know, i will have what ever funds it takes to prove i can support myself.

if anyone can post a figure(ish) that would help too.

I may be 19 but this is a serious thread.

thanks.

mightymints
Newly Registered

Post by mightymints » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 pm

no one can help?

ForgetfulRainn
Newly Registered

Post by ForgetfulRainn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Surely someone can! Maybe people didn't reply because you obviously can. I don't know.

You can get on a fiancé visa, and that relatively easily I would assume, although it'll cost money. No idea how much though, but I know it's feasible; I know people who did.

I believe you have to get officially married within 90 days of your arrival, if you get in the country on a fiancé visa, but otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

Just google "fiancé visa" and find its exact name (a letter and a number, I think) and it'll tell you all you need to know. That info isn't too hard to find! Good luck and I hope I helped a bit.