ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maj97

Post by maj97 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:41 pm

thats reli good im reli happy for saiqabb how long did it take for the website to change????

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Aww cherry1 course i will pray 4u all inshallah ul all be getin luck soon.My hubby gave the wedding photos only he gave about 3 i think but im not sure if they gave them back or not.I emailed bhc about a week ago and they replied today during the day saying they have sent the passport but we found out yesterday on the site the passport has come.It was stamped on the 9th of september and we applied on the 17th july.Hopefully my hubby should be coming before the 7th of october inshallah.

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 pm

saiqabb wrote:Aww cherry1 course i will pray 4u all inshallah ul all be getin luck soon.My hubby gave the wedding photos only he gave about 3 i think but im not sure if they gave them back or not.I emailed bhc about a week ago and they replied today during the day saying they have sent the passport but we found out yesterday on the site the passport has come.It was stamped on the 9th of september and we applied on the 17th july.Hopefully my hubby should be coming before the 7th of october inshallah.
Congratlations... hope you and the hubby have a happy life together :)

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Aww tnx kam1 il keep u in my duas inshallah dnt worry evrytn will turn out 4d best 4u soon......Dont give up hope.

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

Re: My wife applied for the visa today.. Now fingers crossed

Post by MUGHALL » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:05 am

AoA FAANIALI

Your documents list seems to be excellent. Can you please inform about your HSMP Status. I mean are you a holder of Old HSMP or currently on Points Based System UK Tier 1. Which application form ( VAF2 or VAF10) your wife submitted and at which BHC centre? What fee your wife submitted with her application that will determine your HSMP profile? Basically I am an OLD HSMPian who got HSMP approval letter in April, 2005 and arrived here in UK in December,2005(before the rules changed). Now I am currently in process of arranging necessary documents prior to submitting my Spouse and Kids HSMP Dependent Visa Application in BHC Pakistan next month. I just want to know which application Form(VAF2 or VAF10) to be used and also the applicable fee for the same. Can anyone on the forum further clarify in this regard?

My best wishes for you and your wife FAANIALI

Regards

MUGHAL

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 am

@MUGHALL,

My wife submitted her spouse visa application at Gerry's FedEx office in Karachi. She used VAF10 application. I told her to double confirm at the time of submission for the form and they said its fine. I am on old hmp (u know the one after 6th Nov 2006) So i got 2yrs hsmp stamp in my passport.

Form used: VAF10
Applied At: Gerry's visa drop box Karachi
The visa fee she submitted is Pkr. 28,000/-

Get IOM TB Screening Appointment asap if u havent done so, coz they give very late appointments.

Pray for me bro. & wish u good luck.

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

Post by MUGHALL » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:25 pm

AoA FAANIALI

Thank you very much for your prompt reply bro. It is really informative prior to submission of Visa application. Can I further know where I can book an appointment with IOM for TB Screening Test in Lahore as my spouse and kids are Lahore based? Are there passports pre-requisite for the TB Screening Test at IOM? If you are in UK at the moment, would you plz contact me at mejazzz@yahoo.com for your phone number to discuss things for some further details.

At the same time, I am quite confident your family will definitely get vias as your documents are self explainatory and as per visa requirements.

Waiting for your email.

Regards

MUGHAL

mamalik1
Newly Registered

Post by mamalik1 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:04 pm

[quote="saiqabb"]Aww cherry1 course i will pray 4u all inshallah ul all be getin luck soon.My hubby gave the wedding photos only he gave about 3 i think but im not sure if they gave them back or not.I emailed bhc about a week ago and they replied today during the day saying they have sent the passport but we found out yesterday on the site the passport has come.It was stamped on the 9th of september and we applied on the 17th july.Hopefully my hubby should be coming before the 7th of october inshallah.[/quote]
salaam and congrats saiqaab im very happy for you :D, you wrote you emailed BHC can I have an email address Visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk and Visqry.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk please as Ive been trying to email but no one replies, and they told me it would be 4 weeks yet they still havent got back to us.
I also emailed gerry's yesterday but no reply. how long do they take to get back to you? And Has anybody ever been able to phone the islamabad office?

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi they emailed me back after 3weeks.

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi saiqab

bet u cant wait 4 ur husband to come now!?? :D how long has it been since u saw him?

I wanted to ask if you could help me plz..which form is it that i should be sumbitting with my husbands application? the VAF4 ? or Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07)??

and do u know what the difference is between the two..im really confused! :?

Smieha

Post by Smieha » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Can any1 plz help me out?? For residency I've submitted certified copy of land registry, a letter from my dad ( who is the owner of the house) and a letter from my solictor in which he mentioned he has visited our house. only me n my dad r living in a four bedroom house....
I'm so worried after reading that some ppl's visa got refused cz of residency documents....May Allah Shower his blessin on all of us Ameeen....

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi cherry1 itz going to be 5months on the 5th October since iv seen my husband his hopefully goin to come on dat day aswell.Im not sure which form u should use.My uncle provided me with our forms...Double check with someone and then send the papers.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:39 pm

hey congrats to all who got there visa's, i need help when i email i dont know what to write, i have tried checking online buh all i get is invlaid search so i fought id email them buh i dunt know what to say he applied the visa from islamabad pakistan,, help can anyone help

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:30 pm

@maz08

Hi naz, do u know if the computer number you are typing is right or not??

it was giving the same message for me 'you have enter an invalid number'
but the i realised that i was missing one / in the computer number

So it should be KHI/123456/123456/1
for islamabad its ISL/123456/123456/1

so relace the numbers with ur computer number.

hope it helps.

regards,
faani

mamalik1
Newly Registered

Post by mamalik1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:32 pm

does any body know how often the application status website is updated?
and also if anybody has been able to contact the visa office by phone?
thanks

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:24 am

@mamalik1,,, bro the application status website is updated everyday,, but that donot means that its updated everyday for every single case,, the system is actually not real time tracking of the passport but whats its doing is only letting us know about the IN and OUT of application...

So once the applications are being sended from gerry's fedEx office to BHC,, the guys at gerry's office enter the reference number to the system. After that BHC process the application and take there time,, once they are done they send it back to gerry's. The guys at gerry's enter the computer number in the system and change the status from 'You applicaion is forwarded to BHC' to 'Your passport is ready to collect'

There is nothing efficient or genius being done on the back and there are no stages in the process where each case is individually updated day by day. you can simply say that every case is updated only twice and thats its

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:19 pm

i'm reli worried abt d accomodation documents nw afta readin abt d probs sum of u guys hav been havin!

i handed in a letter frm my bro, a letter frm solicitor abt d land registry of d house (not actual land registry) and a copy of a document dun by d bank last month on d specification of the house. nothin frm solicitor or estate agents dats been stamped. can any1 plz tel me if dat'l b ok??

visa applications r officially taking approx 8wks n apparently derz gna b a chang in d rules nxt mnth which cud hav implications 4 alot of us. mayb me aswel cos my hubs is still 20 n d law mite change 2 21 soon.

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Hey guys,

Here are the papers needed for a spouse visa, however before you send them off have them checked here in UK and also get your partner to have them checked in Pakistan (or wherever your partner is residing). Some may not be applicable to you depending on your circumstances:

1 Sponsorship letter attested by a solicitor in uk

2 photocopies of sponsors passport. Passports with in/out Pakistan stamps, dully attested by a solicitor in UK

3 Sponsor's job letter with designation, duration and salary on employers letterhead pad, dully signed

4 P60/end of year certificate (if available)

5 Paye Tax coding Notice/A letter from in Inland Revenue Office. To show that sponsor's job is registered with them

6 Photocopy of sponsor's National Insurance Card attested by a solicitor in UK

7 Pay/wage slips covering at least the last 6 months

8 Bank statement, at least covering last 6 months, also has reasonable savings

9 Certification from the Bank/Property owner that mortgage/rent payments are regular and up to date

10 Photocopies of proposed house's H.M Land Registry, attested

11Survey/Inspection report of the proposed house to show that there is ample space available for accommodation according to the 1985 Housing Act

12 A consent letter from the House Owner to show that sponsor with his/her spouse can live there, on a rent free bases, as long as he/she wishes (if sponsor is not owner or tenant)

13 A balance sheet/Accounts report from accountants if sponsor is self employed

14 Sponsors Birth certificate, if sponsor is a British National

15 Photocopies of Sponsor's Tax returns, dully attested by a solicitor in UK, if sponsor is self employed

16 A letter from the Social security office to show that sponsor is currently not receiving any public funds

17 Evidence of contact between husband/wife such as letters, greeting cards, telephone cards, telephone bills, e-mail etc

18 Specific job offer in UK for applicant (if available)

19 A UK court divorce decree absolute/death certificate original, if sponsor has been married before.

Princess

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi princess,,

If the property we're living in is rented and you have a tenancy agreement and so forth...do we still need to show the Land Registry document??? because that can only be done via the landlord....

i hope you can help answer my query plz!

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:04 pm

I wouldnt imagine so, as long as you have your tenancy agreement and also letter from council showing there will be enough space for your partner to reside there, it should be sufficient.

I provided land registry as it was my brother's property and i had a letter from him stating i could stay with my hubby on rent free basis.

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:10 pm

yeh we have the council inspection report coming throughon monday InshAllah...so u think it should be sufficient...kool..thanks alot!

Also u know in ur list u mentioned the sponsorship letter being attested?

what kind of sponsorship letter is this...? plus what form is it that u need to supply with ur application..the Sponsorship undertaking form or the settlement form?

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Sponsorship letter is basically you stating that you are sponsoring your hubby 2 come to UK without resource to public funds, it is to be attested by a solicitor.

I sent sponsorship undertaking form and there was another one my hubby requested but i cannot remeber which.

I'll dig through my documents tonight and will leave info for you on here as to what forms you need to send and what is to be attested, okay?

mamalik1
Newly Registered

Post by mamalik1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:25 pm

[quote="faaniali"]@mamalik1,,, bro the application status website is updated everyday,, but that donot means that its updated everyday for every single case,, the system is actually not real time tracking of the passport but whats its doing is only letting us know about the IN and OUT of application...

So once the applications are being sended from gerry's fedEx office to BHC,, the guys at gerry's office enter the reference number to the system. After that BHC process the application and take there time,, once they are done they send it back to gerry's. The guys at gerry's enter the computer number in the system and change the status from 'You applicaion is forwarded to BHC' to 'Your passport is ready to collect'

There is nothing efficient or genius being done on the back and there are no stages in the process where each case is individually updated day by day. you can simply say that every case is updated only twice and thats its[/quote]

thanks for your response, so gerry's are not really able to provide us with any meaningful update except its being processed or once the passport's ready?

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:38 pm

aww thx so much princess!

ur a star!!

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:41 pm

Not a problem, I have been through this grilling process so know how it feels.

When do you plan on sending the papers for your hubby to submit his application?