ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I SWITCH SUCCESFULLY TO STUDENT VISA FROM A WHM VISA

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kennyodu
Newly Registered

CAN I SWITCH SUCCESFULLY TO STUDENT VISA FROM A WHM VISA

Post by kennyodu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:03 am

Hi,

I was issued a WHM visa this June and I am still unempolyed,i also got admission into a very good university for my masters this year,i defered the admission .

My problem is i want to switch the visa to a proper student visa so i can get my 2 year work permit afterwords and work as a professional cos with the WHM, its hard getting a job no matterhowhardi have tried .

Please if anyone has an advice for me please tell me cos my WHM extends to 2010 and i havent started working ,my masters starts for sept 2009 :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think that you can switch within the UK (96 is not covered in 60(i)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kennyodu
Newly Registered

Thanks Vinny,

Post by kennyodu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 am

I am willing to go back to my home country to reapply,my fear is i was just offered the WHM visa may this year , what are my chances of getting the students visa ,because i think its better i improve myself after all i informed them i will only be staying in the UK for 8 months.and i am thinking of changing the visa either in April or May against resumption. whats your advice for me :? ?

:D thanks so much vinny you are a life saver and i hope to get your response pretty soon.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:32 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kennyodu
Newly Registered

Thanks so much

Post by kennyodu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:26 pm

I have checked all the requirements and i exceed them , i guess if that is the criteria then my chances are high,but i need to fill the student entry clearance form before time.

Thanks for clarifying this things for :D me