ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tressamay
Newly Registered

Marriage Visa

Post by tressamay » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:00 pm

I am a US Citizen engaged to a UK Citizen who; Has 3 children to support, filed bankruptcy last year, rents a flat and has a decent job.
We have freinds (He UK she US) who have married and the US is requesting a Bond to ensure he does not end up on the Public Releif Roles, my question is;
Would the HO require a Bond? What do you think the chances of obtaining the Visa are?

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:26 pm

Hello there,

The immigration rules in the UK are different than its counterpart in the USA. US immigration law is more complicated and may violate human rights with European laws standards (in my opinion- I can give examples but they are beyond our scope here)

In the UK immigration law, the standard of proof is on the civil standard of the balance of probabilities (that is to say more likely than not).

If your sponsor has got a job, not on public funds, has an accommodation then your application is likely to be successful.

Please review the immigration rules 281
281. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom with a view to settlement as the spouse of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement are that:

(i) (a) the applicant is married to a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; or

(b) the applicant is married to a person who has a right of abode in the United Kingdom or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom and is on the same occasion seeking admission to the United Kingdom for the purposes of settlement and the parties were married at least 4 years ago, since which time they have been living together outside the United Kingdom; and

(ii) the parties to the marriage have met; and

(iii) each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse and the marriage is subsisting; and

(iv) there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and

(v) the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and

(vi) the applicant holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.
Please review the application form http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF2_2003_Eng.pdf

GOOD LUCK :)

tressamay
Newly Registered

Post by tressamay » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:58 am

Thank you!

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:53 am

You are welcome.