ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expert Advice Needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chris07
Newly Registered

Expert Advice Needed

Post by Chris07 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Hello family,

I have 3 friends with three different scenarios.

I have one with a child who came here when the child was 11 now they are 17 and soon to be 18, the child wants to further their studies.

Other one has a 5yr old child born here.

Other has an 8 yr old child who has been here for 6yrs now.

I know you all expert in this field with advice, can I ask, what is the soonest
can they apply under the 7year concession rule?

Even though as the name suggests "7 year"

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:54 pm

What status does each of the childrens parent(s) hold in the UK?

If they are not asylum seekers or refugees it will not matter how long the children have been in the UK. If any of the children have a UK cit parent then the 7 year rule is a waste of time as they will be able to source a UK passport.

Seven years means 7 years. They have to be in the country for a minimum period of seven years before the concession can be applied for. That assumes they have access to the concession as it normally only applies to where the parent is pending removal.