ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

vaf10 form advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adnan_uk

vaf10 form advice

Post by adnan_uk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:28 pm

hi,
i was filling form for my spouse. I wonder what number they want us to write in 7.15?
certificate of sponsership number ? Can someone advice please?

John

Post by John » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 pm

A very good question! I think just looked at the VAF10 guidance notes. They say :-
7.15 What is the main applicant’s Certificate of Sponsorship number?

This is the number allocated to him/her by his/her employer/prospective employer. He/she is required to enter the number on their entry clearance application form and would not/will not have been issued entry clearance without doing so.
I am not impressed UKBA! Does anyone who designs the forms have more than half a brain? Didn't anyone appreciate that the Work Permit and employment visa might have been issued under the old regime, but the dependents visa is being issued under the new one? Come on, come on!

adnan_uk, as you might appreciate, under the new Tier 2 and Tier 5, if an employer wants to bring someone in from outside the EEA then they need to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship, which the individual would quote on their VAF9 form, and would thus be available for any dependent's VAF10 form.

I think the best you can do, as regards Q7.15, is to write something like "N/A, Work Permit issued prior to 27.11.08."

Hopefully UKBA will redesign the VAF10 form, or at least the guidance notes.
John

John

Post by John » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:48 am

Actually I now think that the VAF10 form is not appropriate. You have a pre-27.11.08 Work Permit? If that is the case your spouse should be completing the VAF2 form, and mark the box "Dependant of a person in an employment category".

So maybe the VAF10 guidance notes should make that clear! And indeed the VAF2 guidance notes should also make it clear when it should be used by a dependant, and when the VAF10 should be used.

The VAF10 form should only be completed by a dependant where the main applicant has or is completing a form VAF9.
John

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:51 pm

John,
I am on HSMP since August 2006. Recently renewed it as Tier 1.
I understand that dependant of Tier 1 General(HSMP) need to fill vaf10. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thanks

ness12
Newly Registered

Q 7.15 - VAF10 Form

Post by ness12 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on a work permit (sponsored by my company) in April 2008. In Nov 2008, I changed my visa status to Tier1 (General). Since I had applied for Tier1 from within UK, I didn't submit VAF9.

Now, I wish to apply for Tier1 dependant visa for my wife and kid in India, hence, I need to submit VAF10. Please confirm.

Also, as per the previous threads, can I safely mention "N/A" in Q 7.15 of VAF10 form?

Your advice would be highly useful.

Thanks,
ness12