ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(Genuine) Visitor Visa wanted...

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ca.funke
Belgium

(Genuine) Visitor Visa wanted...

Post by ca.funke » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi all,

I am new to Australian immigration, so I'd need some help.

I am Belgian, my wife is Lebanese.

We live in Ireland and will stop our work here at the end of September.

I have a new job in Switzerland, which I'll start in January. We want to spend 2 of the 3 gap-months in Australia.

I already have an ETA.

For my wife I guess we need a subclass 676 visitor-visa?

Is there anything special I should know about the procedure?

I am planning to send
  • visa-application
  • addresses of Australian friends
  • bank-statement
  • travel-Insurance
  • contract of new work
Will this be granted?

Biggest problem I see is that my wife will, on return to Switzerland, not work, but rather take German courses for the beginning...

..any advice welcome :)

EU_Patriot
Newly Registered

Post by EU_Patriot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:48 am

I dont want to disappoint you my friend but it could be very hard for a non Western Person to gain access into Australia as a Visitor. Australia is very hard and quite difficult to get into if your not a Westerner or hold a Western Passport like an EU, or US etc. You could try and more likely she will have a better change cause she is married to a European. Does she have a European Passport? Or still a Lebanese one?

Also if you follow the instructions exactly and pay on time and be organised with the Visa Application for your wife than it will increase your chances of getting the Visa as they will often percieve the applicant as being reliable and willing to follow the laws of Australia. An absolute must is that both of you meet the requirements of Good Character, so if you treat life well then you should have no problem with the character requirement. I myself is from the EU and I have had no problem using the eVisitor Service perhaps cause its Im a Westerner holding a Western Passport = EU??

Cheers