ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advice

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ara
Newly Registered

need advice

Post by Ara » Mon May 03, 2004 12:42 pm

Dear friends,
I am planning on going to the UK to live and work temporarily. The reason is, I want to take a vocational course in that country. But i cannot go there on a student visa because I am unable to prove that I can cover all expenses (tuition, accommodation and so on) :oops: while in the UK. The only way that I see is to go there, work and study. But, you see, before I apply for a proper visa I need to land a job and only then expect to get the WP.
My question is: Is it possible to get a work visa or a work permit and then look for a job in the UK :? ?

Because potential employers do not want to employ me just because i do not have a permission :cry: .

It seems to me that it would be a lot easier to find a job if i had a work visa.
And by the way, for your information, I am from Uzbekistan.

if anybody could give some advice I would be very grateful.

thank you in advace :D

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon May 03, 2004 3:08 pm

Ara,

Unfortunately you cannot simply come and work in the UK or any other Eu country - this is the way for the governments to protect their labour markets.

There are 2 basic ways a non-EU citizen can still obtain employment in the UK:
1) An employer can sponsor you for a Work Permit. It's next to impossible, though, to land a job from abroad these days;
2) Apply for an HSMP status, which is given to economically promising applicants.

You may want to start by visiting this link and also browsing the HSMP and other sections of this forum for further information.

Good luck to you.

Ara
Newly Registered

Post by Ara » Tue May 04, 2004 3:05 am

Thank you, Cosmopol, for your help. i will try to take the option #1. But I have one more question:

How troublesome is it for an employer in the UK to get a work permit for somebody whom he wishes to hire?

Thanks.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue May 04, 2004 5:23 am

It is somewhat more troublesome to hire a person from overseas than someone resident in the UK; that's why you'd be at a disadvantage. Pls see details using the link I provided.