ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds for spouse

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds for spouse

Post by amit_cris » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:38 am

Hi ,

Can somebody please advise me. How much Maintenance funds i need to maintain if my wife intends to join me later on but before 12 months. First i plan to go to UK, later after couple of months,i will apply for my wife's visa. How much funds i need to maintained is it 2800 or 4400 ? .

Thanks
Amit

GoforUK

Post by GoforUK » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 am

Well if you are applying alone then 2800 pounds is sufficient.
Submitted on:4th Feb,Chennai
UK ADMIRER

vinitmenon

Re: Maintenance funds for spouse

Post by vinitmenon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:25 pm

amit_cris wrote:Hi ,

Can somebody please advise me. How much Maintenance funds i need to maintain if my wife intends to join me later on but before 12 months. First i plan to go to UK, later after couple of months,i will apply for my wife's visa. How much funds i need to maintained is it 2800 or 4400 ? .

Thanks
Amit
When you apply alone you would need to show 2800
When you apply later for your wife you would need to show 2800+1600= 4400 funds available.

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:12 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by ramgsk on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ramgsk

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:14 pm

When you apply later for your wife you would need to show 2800+1600= 4400 funds available
If we look at paragraph 196 of Tier1 General Policy Guidance
For the main applicant, since he is already in UK, the maintenance funds he needs to further leave/stay in UK is 800 GBP instead of 2800 GBP.

If we look at the paragraph 31 of dependants policy guidance, it says maintenance funds he needs to show for each dependant is 1600 GBP.

Since, he is already in UK, for him 800 GBP
+ 1600 GBP for his dependant.

Seems 2400 GBP, seems so, not too confident, any senior guy's advice on it would be highly appreciable.
- Ramgsk

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi ramgsk,

I got Tier 1 visa stamped on my passport last month and now I am planning to apply for my wife in April 2nd week from India.

During my wife's dependent application, will I still need to show 2800 + 1600 ? Isn;t 1600 enough since I already got Tier 1 visa stamped ?

Might be stupid ques....but still need confirmation.

Appreciate all your time and valuable inputs.

vinitmenon

Post by vinitmenon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:34 pm

sureshep wrote:Hi ramgsk,

I got Tier 1 visa stamped on my passport last month and now I am planning to apply for my wife in April 2nd week from India.

During my wife's dependent application, will I still need to show 2800 + 1600 ? Isn;t 1600 enough since I already got Tier 1 visa stamped ?

My previous answer is true if both applicants are outside UK.
When you apply later for your wife you would need to show 2800+1600= 4400 funds available.

I have written confirmation about that from BHC.
I applied last week for my wife, got the dependant visa in 4 days

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi,

Though you already have your tier1 general you still have to show GBP2800+ 1600

Cheers

push

Post by push » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:43 pm

moonfog wrote:Hi,

Cheers

Yes if you are in UK for less than 12 months.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Post by push » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:44 pm

moonfog wrote:Hi,

Cheers

Yes if you are in UK for less than 12 months.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

lata

More clarification on funds for dependent

Post by lata » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:16 am

Hi All,
I am in very much confusion on maintanance funds. can you please calrify me. Becase my spouse visa got rejected when we applied together. I want to apply for dependent visa again now. I came to UK 2 months ago and joined on job. I have 2 payslips now. I want to apply for dependent visa. So
Do I need to show funds GBP2800( main ) +GBP1600(dep)
OR GBP800(main) +GBP1600(dep)
OR GBP1600(dep) only

In dependent guide says GBP800(main) +GBP1600(dep) .. but it is saying about Dependent Tier 1 migrant visa . But mine is dependent Tier general visa. ( Hope both are not same. Because of this only lot of confusion on the maintance funds i think)

I have sent my query to BHC and also VFS. they said I need to show GBP1600(dep)
Still i am in confusion . can anyone pls calrify me on this..

Please read VSF reply and my below query carefully
--------------------------------------------
Reply from VFS
---------------------------------
Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query, please be informed that your souse needs to maintain 1600 GBP. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding and dated no more than one month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.
The applicant can show two different accounts and it will be considered so long as it has been maintained in the accounts for a period of three months in order to satisfy the maintenance criteria.
You need to consider the exchange rate in www.oanda.com on the day of submission.

Thanks & RegardsUK HelpdeskHelpline no – 080-40084008SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications. isit www.vfs-uk-in.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Query
------------------------

----- Original Message ----- From: --------------

Hi ,I have got HSMP visa but my spouse visa got refused. I appealed against refusal of my dependent visa. As it is taking long time to hear the decision, If I want to go for new application, can you please let me know1.How much amount Do I need to maintain for 3 months?
Do I need to maintain the funds for dependent only? or Do I need to maintain funds for me also? if yes , how much amount I need to maintain for me ?(as I am already employed in UK)
2. What is the exchange rate will be considered?
3. Can I show the funds in my two bank accounts? Because my spouse visa got refused on the grounds of insuffiecient funds though I have maintained sufficient funds for myself and my spouse( GBP 2800 +1600=GBP 4400). I have maintained the funds in my two bank accounts.
As evidence of funds , I have submitted my two bank statements. ( ICICI bank statement and CITI bank statement).
But,in the " NOTICE OF IMMIGRATION DECISION" for the "REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE" , ECO has considered only ICICI bank statement. And also the rate of exchange on the day we have submitted the application was 1GBP=INR 79.9921 But ECO has taken it as 1GBP=INR 84.Please provide the answers for my queries and confirm on the above things.
Appreciate your quick response.
--------------------------------------------

Highly appreciate quick response.

Thanks,
Lata

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Got a reply from VFS after mailing them who told..

you need to show 1600 £ only per dependant.. i dont understand why you want to show mantainance funds for urself when u already have got ur hsmp visa and working in UK.. was the statement they made.

this message is to all those people who are pointing that the main applicant being in uk and working on tier1 hsmp has to show 800 £ which is not true..

Thanks a lot for the Reply.

So I agree that i need not show any funds for me right ?? When my Dependant is making a Application under Tier1 HSMP Dependant Visa Category under PBS from Bangalore

------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Yes, you are right, you will not required to show any funds. As long as you are able to show satisfactory proof for source of funds and has also maintained it in your account (Personal/Current) for three months, you will be able to meet the maintenance criteria.

However, the discretion is with you.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk